close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock history question

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by ragged rebel flag, Feb 26, 2012.

1. barta

barta
    Expand Collapse
    This is Barta!

Iohman,

Why the interest in the Gen 1 Glocks after reading the book? Just curious because I carry a Glock 17 that was imported in June 1986. I keep thinking I should put it up and get a newer model to wear out on duty but it shoots way to good. I, too, attempt to scoop up any I find.

Later

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. lohman

lohman
    Expand Collapse

Always had an interest in Glock 17 Gen 1, even prior to the book. I guess the book just sparked something in my brain to get a few more. I have three all two digit models with black parts.

3. hartmn

hartmn
    Expand Collapse

Read this next. It's one of the founders of the the great West & .44 Magnums...

Out of products and can be found on Ebay and a like.

hartmn

4. RevDerb

RevDerb
    Expand Collapse

I just dl'd the book to my Kindle Touch.

5. RevDerb

RevDerb
    Expand Collapse

Finished the book today. I'm not sure that I still want to continue to own Glocks. Not a nice individual at all.

6. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

If we didn't own products because the developer or profiteer is/was "not nice," we'd have to get rid of over half the products in our lives. I don't like a LOT of things about Henry Ford, but I own two vehicles with the blue oval on them. The bottom line is a lot of people who get to these positions/levels get there because they had the drive and ambition to get there. Sometimes that is their only character flaw, and sometimes there are quite a few other character flaws to go along with that one. The only perfect person is the one who hasn't honestly examined themselves, if you know what I mean.

7. n0leafcl0ver

n0leafcl0ver
    Expand Collapse

they fist made entrenching tools for the austrian military..started making pistols when the austrian government opened up for bids on a new sidearm.

8. SCC

SCC
    Expand Collapse
    Member Me

that's for sure !!! :whistling: