Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Glock Grips Help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stang68, Feb 6, 2014.

1. stang68

Aug 15, 2009
    Keansburg NJ
    hey every one wanted to ask about glock grips. I was looking at the talon granulate and rubber. I just wanna get everyone's input in what they like and use. it does not need to be on this brand ill take all the information I can get. I believe the granulate maybe to tough on my skin and cloths with CC. please tell me what you think.
  2. Scott30

Dec 8, 2006
    Central VA
    I use the rubber talons for the reasons you stated. Sandpaper rubbing on my love handle is not comfortable.

3. gamecocks

May 3, 2013
    South Carolina
    I've got a hogue on my 19 that I like a lot. It has just a little fatness to it that fits the curve of my palm nicely. I did notice last trip to the range that when my hands got sweaty, the grip was just a little slick. May try something different or some tape to help this issue, I'll see if it bothers me enough to make a change. But as far as fit, I thought the 19 fit my hand perfectly already. The hogue made it fit even my hand anyway.

Edit to say I do not carry, just use my gun for range and home defense right now.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    With proper cleaning technique and grip, no aftermarket grips are needed- even in sweaty/muddy/bloody conditions. That said, I recommend talon if you're all about some aftermarket grips.
  5. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    I find these superb.

6. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX
    For aftermarket grip enhancers I use Talon with the roughest texture.

I prefer to have as much grip as possible even under the worst conditions. I wear a t-shirt under my top cover every day so I do not notice issues with rubbing on skin.

That being said I do not have any on my Gen 4 GLOCK's because I find the standard grip texture to be more than sufficient. I do have them on all of my Gen 1-3's.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on my 3rd Gen G17, and I like it a lot! This is far more than an "inner tube" with its palm swells and pebbled texture.

I cut my teeth on a new 3rd Gen G21, and the new G17 just felt too skinny... My G17 is my dedicated range pistol.

Anyway, the G17 with the Hogue grip sleeve is by far the most comfortable gun I own.

I applied good old fashioned hairspray to the grip frame before installing the Hogue grip sleeve, adjusting it just right. I cleaned up any excess hairspray with alcohol... After sitting a day or two, the grip is firmly in place (but still removable).

Note: I don't add these sleeves to my carry guns because they tend to stick to clothing, causing shirts and jackets to ride up and down.

8. Dawgfan165

Sep 28, 2012
    Talon rubber grips on the 23 & 27. Really like them. Hogues on the XD. Thumbs up on both products. If you order From Talon, order a sheet of grip material. Had a couple of smooth knives that got slippery when wet, cut out my own pattern and they make them a lot more secure. Just a thought
  9. 1eyedjack

1eyedjack Old Pirate

Jan 16, 2012
    Southeast USA
    The rubber Talon grips are nice. Provide excellent grip and doesn't add to the girth of the frame.
  10. gamecocks

May 3, 2013
    South Carolina
    I like the look of your gun a lot, with the light, your sights and grip. Looks like it would be a great shooter too.
  11. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    You're making a too fat grip even fatter?
  12. gamecocks

May 3, 2013
    South Carolina
    Not sure if you are asking me but the hogue is a little fatter, yes. But it wasn't too fat before in my opinion and isn't now either. The width doesn't bother me, but most of the width is right in the palm of my hand. Makes the gun fit like an absolute glove. I am also 6' 4" and everyone's hands are different, obviously. I also do not carry so width isn't a factor there.
  13. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I love the feel of the handall. But they walk and trap oil underneath- even when hairspray is used when putting the grip on. Nothing will feel better than a hogue handall. For a short period of time.
  14. Gtn

Mar 3, 2013
    Livingston County, NY
    I put the Glock rubber decal grips on all my Gen3s. They feel great but I haven't had s chance to shoot them yet. I don't feel my Gen4s need any help
  15. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    Pachmayer slip on grips for my G27- nice grip and have never moved since I put them on. Feels great in your hand.
  16. colin1230

Jul 2, 2012
    Kansas City
    I have the Talon granulated grips on my G17 and G26, both gen3's. Also, I have the Talon rubber grips on a Ruger SR9c that I like real well. If you go with Talon, I doubt you will be disappointed.
  17. I use the tried and true, bicycle inner tube since 1988. Virtually no added girth, great grip, cheap.

Needs occasional replacing but one tube goes a LONG way.

So little girth, you can see the texture of the grip.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  18. Sig Fever

Sig Fever

May 7, 2004
    I run the Talon "Black Rubber" grips on my G19 and G26. Just enough grip but fine for CCW.
  19. I use the granulated. once sanded down before I put them on they work great.
  20. BCNU

Nov 9, 2013
    I use the Talon rubber grip on my G19. Will be putting some on my G29 if it ever gets here from my LGS