close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock gets CIB

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by DriBak, Feb 13, 2007.

1. 82ndAbn

82ndAbn 325th AIR

Dec 8, 2002
    They did a fine job. I thought about getting my Combat Parachutist Badge on the mag well of an AR (one of these days). Looking at that, I might get both - my CIB and CPB. :)

Very impressive!

2. black rob

black rob

Sep 8, 2005
    IA
    I'd like to getsomething done on mine as well, and yep the AR would be sweet!

Rob

3. NYS Ret.5763

NYS Ret.5763

Jan 13, 2007
    Georgia
    That looks GREAT! I had "Fallschirmjaeger" etched on the slide of my G19 out in Vegas while doing a security gig at the jewelry show in June. Wasn't sure if this jewelry engraving machine could scratch the finish, but it came out nice.:thumbsup:

4. 82ndAbn

82ndAbn 325th AIR

Dec 8, 2002
    Why did you have that engraved on your pistol?

5. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    West Texas
    I got it engraved on my pistol because my old lady would die if I got it tattooed on my chest. I was an active duty 11B and recieved the CIB from my duty during the first Gulf War.
    Attached is a phot of my fire team leade CPL M. Weidner pinning on my CIB
    [​IMG]

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I think he was asking NYS Ret.5763 the interesting question of why he got "'Fallschirmjaeger' etched on the slide of [his] G19."

7. NYS Ret.5763

NYS Ret.5763

Jan 13, 2007
    Georgia
    "Fallschirmjaeger" means "Hunter from the Sky" in German..the name for their paratroopers dating back to WW2. I served with the 82d from 1983-86, therefore......:whistling:
    SORRY, it took SO LONG to respond, I was on active duty from 6/4/07 to 6/19/08 including 8 months in Iraq. Look forward to being back on GlockTalk. AIRBORNE...ALL THE WAY!!!:supergrin:

8. Nice job!

I bought my first Glock, a model 27 awhile back, through the International Associations of Bomb Technicians & Investigators. (IABTI) At the time they had Glock put out three choices (Model 26,27 and 22) with the IABTI emblem and the words IABTI 20th Anniversary on the slide.

I still carry this everyday.

I also have a 1st Generation Glock 20 10MM w/ night sights.

9. Of course, many Paratroopers have earned German Para wings and wear them on their dress uniform. They can be called a 'Fallschirmjaeger' for real! :supergrin:

10. tankerfrank

tankerfrank

Jul 10, 2008
    joliet Ill
    what dose something like that cost to do,, I would like to get one.

11. tankerfrank

tankerfrank

Jul 10, 2008
    joliet Ill

hey nys ret 5763
    can you take a photo of your glock with the fallschirmjaeger,

thank you
    tanker

12. NYS Ret.5763

NYS Ret.5763

Jan 13, 2007
    Georgia
    As for a picture..I'll have to get my 16 yr.old son on that...you're "seeing" the extent of my computer knowledge right now!!:cool: