close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Gen 4 + Advantage Arms?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Spoklahoma, Mar 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Spoklahoma

Spoklahoma

Dec 26, 2009
    I'm in the market for a G17. I also plan on buying the Advantage Arms .22 kit. It looks like the slide has changed on the Gen 4 Glocks, so I assume the current AA kits are not compatible?

2. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    For what I can tell it wont work. The dust cover on the Gen 4 Glocks is larger to accomidate (sp?) the larger recoil spring assembly on the Gen 4's. Even though you could probably (wont know for sure without trying) slide the AA slide onto the rails you would be left with a gap between the front of the slide and the frame.

IMO, it wont work, BUT give Advantage Arms a call and find out for sure.

3. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I was mistaken. I went to AdvantageArms.com and looked at their FAQ Glock page and it clearly says that their kits WILL work on the 4th Gen Glocks.

http://www.advantagearms.com/faqs.php

Look at the 5th question down.

WAHOOOOOO!!!!

4. rboatright

rboatright

Feb 26, 2010
    Now, you only have to deal with the fact that the kits are back ordered a year or more.

5. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I ordered one through my local shop about 5-6 weeks ago. It arrived yesterday. I got the LE 17-22 kit for my Glock 17. Gonna take it to the range tomorrow.

BIG THANKS to Tom at Engage Armament in MD.

6. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Just to update this info, AA changed their position on this and now says the kits will NOT work with the Gen4 without causing damage.

7. SalfromCal

SalfromCal Senior Member

Aug 30, 2008
    California
    As far as I understand, if the slide is marked 17/22 Gen4, like the one in the picture, is OK to use and it will work fine, otherwise DO NOT use any other Advantage Arms Conversion Kit on your Gen4 frame.
    [​IMG]