close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

glock g22 exMSHP

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by 22 glock NC, May 19, 2012.

1. 22 glock NC

22 glock NC

May 11, 2009
    have recently purchased a used glock g22 40 cal I figure its a gen 1 or 2 was an ex MS state highway patrol pistol with the silver slide with MSHP stamped into it and the state patrol crest stamped into it all numbers matching with HP code at the end of them . Worth anything or no ? if not still a great gun with a lot of life left in it !!

2. paulbow

paulbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Most ex police gen 2 Glock 22s are worth anywhere from $300 to $350 depending on condition. Considering someone polished the slide on yours its worth closer to the $300 price.

Last edited: May 19, 2012

3. tecolote

tecolote

Nov 16, 2007
    If by "MSHP" you mean The Mississippi Highway Patrol, your G22 should be a 3rd Gen., as MHP only adopted .40 cal. Glocks in 2004. It is my understanding the patrol recently switched form .40 to .357 Glocks.I'm not sure what happened to the .40 cal. guns, but they could be out there.
    As to the polished slide, I've never seen a Trooper with a polished gun.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone more knowledgable that me will chime in.

Regards,
    Tecolote

4. Squatcho

Squatcho

Nov 25, 2011
    Police trade ins tend to be workhorses and end up with more than normal wear. Whoever first purchased it as a trade in may have polished the slide or at least removed the black coating to make the finish consistent. They may also have had the slide cerakoted or nickel boron coated (nibx or exo).