close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

glock fiber optic sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jimbullet, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Anyone knows where could I possibly purchase after market fiber optic front sights for a glock17 in Manila? Are there choices available as I am looking for one that has a front sight height minimum of 0.285".

Another question is, though I have searched this forum and could not find an answer, which sight width is better? Is it better to have a thin blade say 0.105" or 0.125" or a fatter blade?

2. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006

3. which front sight width did you use and how is it performing?

4. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    It depends on what rear sight you use, I use a Heinie Rear with a Dawson front .125" wide and .250"high.And I was satisfy with the groupings .As you can see in the link previously Dawson reccomends matching each F.O front specs. with Rears by Heinie, Bomar type,Warren etc . NOVAKS is another option too,http://www.novaksights.com/genuine novak sights/glock.htm ----------Sweater

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    usually the thinner the better, bcos a thinner front sight magnifies the movement/tremors of your hand when shooting.

i've used a dawson FO .100, it was awesome at daytime, kaso lang my game gun is also my SD gun so i ditched it in favor of a tritium front.

but sometimes pag nasa laro ako i wish i had a thinner front. kaso ganun talaga pag 2-in-1, you have to chose what is important to you. real game or simulated game.

6. Any gun stores in Manila that you might know of selling Dawsons or Novaks?