close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock fiber optic sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jimbullet, Nov 27, 2009.

1. jimbullet

jimbullet
    Expand Collapse

Anyone knows where could I possibly purchase after market fiber optic front sights for a glock17 in Manila? Are there choices available as I am looking for one that has a front sight height minimum of 0.285".

Another question is, though I have searched this forum and could not find an answer, which sight width is better? Is it better to have a thin blade say 0.105" or 0.125" or a fatter blade?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Sweater

Sweater
    Expand Collapse

3. jimbullet

jimbullet
    Expand Collapse

which front sight width did you use and how is it performing?

4. Sweater

Sweater
    Expand Collapse

It depends on what rear sight you use, I use a Heinie Rear with a Dawson front .125" wide and .250"high.And I was satisfy with the groupings .As you can see in the link previously Dawson reccomends matching each F.O front specs. with Rears by Heinie, Bomar type,Warren etc . NOVAKS is another option too,http://www.novaksights.com/genuine novak sights/glock.htm ----------Sweater

#4 Sweater, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

usually the thinner the better, bcos a thinner front sight magnifies the movement/tremors of your hand when shooting.

i've used a dawson FO .100, it was awesome at daytime, kaso lang my game gun is also my SD gun so i ditched it in favor of a tritium front.

but sometimes pag nasa laro ako i wish i had a thinner front. kaso ganun talaga pag 2-in-1, you have to chose what is important to you. real game or simulated game.

6. jimbullet

jimbullet
    Expand Collapse

Any gun stores in Manila that you might know of selling Dawsons or Novaks?