Glock drought

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TTex, Jan 21, 2013.

1. how about $849 for a plain jane gen3 g19, i walked in a local shop a few weeks back after i called to see what they had.
    because i just could'nt believe them on the phone i figured they were just trying to do a few things at once & got confused.... NOPE!!!!!! :wow:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Morris

CLM

Hmmm . . . how about a new G21SF with stock sights, three mags plus two more Gen 4 mags out the door for $552?

:)

And no, I am not divulging. Just the right place at the right time as I wander back to .45 caliber Glocks.

The pistols are out there and Glock will be distributing them as they can. But it will take the market getting saturated. And, don't be surprised if you see some nice, lightly used Glocks on the for sale boards around April 1st.

4. Glad I finally picked up a new G27 two weeks ago. Been wanting one for awhile ...$519 + $10 state background fee. PDX 'Gunbroker' stores did not jack up prices. Believe I got one of the last batch of Gen3 27's. TSS***; Sep 2012. Cheers.

5. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Again, I would expect to pay retail price for anything nowadays, but $850 for last Gen G19? I dont think so!:faint:

6. Now you know the reason for the ammo shortage also with all the new shooters needing ammo.

7. If it were me, I wouldn't buy anything from that dealer again-ever!

8. Finally I bought at just the right time. I have a brand new Gen 4 19 in my safe with only the two factory shots through it as of yet. Of course 15rnd mags for my 22 are just foolishly priced if you can even find them... I'll be waiting that out...

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Well I am hanging on to my seven 17-round G17 mags, for sure.

10. Midway has some 22 mags as I am typing this.

11. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

My local dealer has 2 model g21.
    In fact, those are the only 2 he has.

12. They show in stock until you put them in your cart then they show out of stock..

13. I did find 2 G26s Gen 4s for 699.00 at Gander Mountain. Just last Saturday i got a Gen 4 G19 for 650 there. Today a local gun shop got a G19 Gen 4 in for 579.00.

14. I bought my Gen 4 G19 4 months ago (Thank God). My cousin was able to get the last G21SF in stock at my local gun store a couple weeks ago!

15. thats the thing i have spend quit abit of money with them in the past & they've treated me well, along with there prices being standard retail on everything until that famous day.
    the kicker is they have 3 diff stores & all 3 stores have diff prices on there guns, i can only think that it's the managers setting local prices in lue of the paying customer.
    but i don't know that to be true, just a guess.

16. Visited 2 local shops yesterday. One had no Glocks and they are an LE dealer. The other had a few used Glocks. One of the used guns has me really interested, it's a Gen 1 Glock 17 in great shape. They have $425 on it.

17. I'd snag that in a heartbeat.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Why, for the first time in my adult life that I can't walk out and buy a glock for just over $400 out the door, do I get a request from my beloved dad to find him a Gen 4 23? Not going to happen for a while.

19. I bought 2 Glocks during this drought, a G23 I got from one of the online shops, police trade-in in excellent+ condition with night-sights for $399 (they went up to $449 the next day and sold out), and I've been looking high and low for a G17 and the only ones I've seen were used and they wanted $700 or more. I finally found one for $500 in great condition on a trade website and drove 90 miles rt to get it. I paid about $50 more than I would have 2 months ago, but I feel lucky to have gotten it. So far I've bought a decent amount of ammo and a few guns during this crisis and have not overpaid for anything. Patience is the key.

20. Well, I am not in Ohio(Intermountain region for me) but I was able to buy two new Glocks(A G26 and G32gen4) just two weeks ago for 500 and 550 dollars, respectively.

Guess what I am saying is that I don't think the distributors are gouging us,but some of the retail folks certainly are.

All that being said, nothing wrong with being loyal to a lgs that has been good to you in the past.