Glock drought

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TTex, Jan 21, 2013.

1. I just stopped by at a large LGS (a Glock dealer), and they had about 20+, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 31, 32, 34 etc but I did not see any G19 nor Gen4 G21.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. A Glock LEO store in Louisiana which is one of the top 10 Glock dealers in the United States only has a G21 Blue Label Glock.
    The other Glock LEO store in Louisiana only has a G20 and a G21 in a Blue Label Glock.

3. The economy did not get better in a month. People are panic buying, which means a great many of them are spending money they can't really afford to spend. In a few more months,when no gun control laws pass, the bills will catch up and people will be flipping those guns they've been snatching up in a panic. Guns are always the first to go when people need quick cash.

4. There's a lot to what you say. Tax time is coming up. I'll bet a lot more people are gonna owe than in the past, rather than get a substantial refund. When the new gun charge hits the credit card momma is gonna have a fit. A couple friends of mine setup at gun shows on a regular basis. There's been dealer complaints at shows for months about lack of sales. Now this explosion in gun buying. The money's coming from somewhere and it's probably credit sales. In a couple months when the chickens come to roost they'll be used guns for sale.

5. There are a few gun shops in my area. Only one has any amount of glocks in stock. Or course this is the same store that deals with most of the police departments in the county and their prices have not gone up a smidge. In the new counter just in glocks they had all 3 of the 9 and 40 guns and one long slide in 9. A 357 sig in full size two 45's a mix of sf's. They had 2 36's and one 30 that I saw. In the used counter they had a bit less mix of gen 3 and 4 and one gen 2 model 17. They have about the same mix of ruger stuff and sig guns in various flavors with oddballs like xd's and what not.

Best thing is they had just gotten in a box of 400 glock 17 mags. And priced them at 21.50. :embarassed: Yeah 400 mags bulk packed. The guy behind the counter reached like a grab bag and fished em out.

I thanked the owner for not being a scumbag and gouging his customers bought a case of 45 and two g 17 mags. Walked out with tax for less then 600 bucks. They did discontinue for now the case discount price but winchester white box these days for 26 for 50 aint bad.

6. I went to a large gun store last week and all that was left of glocks was all the.40 models and a G20

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Good for you for only grabbing two... I know some people would would have bought as many as they could and then dumped all but 2 on gunbroker.

8. Just picked up my G36 with 4 Mags, Pearce extentions and night sights for $500 out the door at a pawn shop .

9. I wouldn't buy a firearm now unless it was out of necessity. the prices are so ridiculous it should be criminal. Gun shops are taking advantage of the entire situation and sticking it to the consumer. Price gouging? Certainly. Gun shops should be ashamed. But I guess its the American way...

10. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Local gun board here in Michigan has a used Blue Label Gen 4 19 for $1,200.00. :upeyes:

11. Is it price gouging, or is it the economic law of supply and demand? I'm not a gun dealer, but put yourself in their position. You have a limited inventory, don't know if/when it will be replenished or even legal to replenish. Why would you sell something at 2007 or 2011 prices? You sell it for what the market will bear, as you could be out of inventory very quickly and have no business left to profit from and feed your family.

12. I hope the gun manufactures don't know something that we don't know. I can't believe that bullet manufactures with all there automation can't keep up with demand. Does Glock have 5 guys working building guns? LOL

13. I work in a factory (not gun related) we run our stock down every year in Dec. we then lay off everybody until Feb (4th this year). We do it every year, tax and accounting reasons. No matter how busy we are. The rewards are worth more than the losses. Perhaps the gun/ammo industries do the same. Add in the timing of everything else, brings us to where we are at.

14. I have purchased 3 glocks in the last 3 months and only one still not available are the gen 4 G19. That seems to be the only one not available but it is the most popular one right now...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. I have purchased two glocks(a G26 and G32Gen4) from a small local dealer in the past month and he charged me 500 and 550 dollars(before tax) for each pistol, respectively. He even special ordered the 32 for me at no extra cost.

Sounds like I am fortunate to have an honest dealer in my area.

#75 chemboy, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  16. i've talked with 4 different gun shops in the past week & all of them have said if you can hang on 3 more weeks, things will be opening up here real soon so it does sound kinda strange that there all saying the same thing. :whistling:

17. Hopefully things will calm down. There are no G19s or G17s for sale here in southern Michigan. There are G23 and G22s to be had. I got the last G19 Gen 4 last weekend. Ron

18. One thing for sure the prices are going up, not falling. Well until production gets caught back up. Lol

19. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

I dont mind (much) paying a premium because demand is so high, but gouging is NOT cool. Thirty to forty dollar for a mag is ok, but a hundred dollars :wow: I saw in anouther thread, no freakin way!