Glock drought

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TTex, Jan 21, 2013.

1. cpablum

cpablum
    Expand Collapse

glockstore has gen 3 and 4 19's available...2012 pricing!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. freezetime

freezetime
    Expand Collapse

As far as i can tell, their website doesnt show availability. It was letting me add the 33 rd mags to the cart and begin check out, but i really doubt they are actually stock.

3. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

SeaWolf I understand your frustration, I really do. And to a point I share it. But the problem we have now is how to deal with this problem. I didn't vote for this president, but I still have to deal with the consequences of the choice others made. Next week I'll be down in your neck of the woods. My parents have a home in Bushnell. When I'm down in Bushnell I visit a few small gun shops around the area in hoping to find some stuff I can't find around here. This is bad times we are in now. Its time to think outside the box on what we are going to do about it. I'm going to remind people around election time the consequences of a choice. But now its what I can do about this.

Anyone know if Glock is manufacturing any guns here yet? or is it still all coming from Europe?

4. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

They've been manufacturing guns in the US for a few years. They used to be reserved for export, but not any longer.

#44 SARDG, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  5. vinstang67

vinstang67
    Expand Collapse

If so, will there be many pre-owned/hardly used Glocks in the market from those who realized they might have bought what they didn't intended or wanted?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. LuckyG

LuckyG
    Expand Collapse

Two choices: develop a plan or just sit around and gripe. Since the LGS don't know what they are getting and when, you have to either make frequent visits, order (if they are taking orders) or call (if they are taking calls). Might go the on-line route and place a backorder(s) (if they are taking them) and hope you get lucky. Or whatever.

On another forum, a poster said he was in his LGS and they had no Glocks. When he was getting ready to leave, a shipment of 50 guns waltzed in the door.

After CT, the entire supply chain has been drained. This is not going to go away soon. I've seen several hysterical anti-gun frenzies over the decades. Long ago, I started maintaining a decent inventory of important stuff. It doesn't go stale. Once the SHTF, it's already too late.

7. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

Very few new Glocks available in the greater Baton Rouge, La. area.

8. PAGunner

PAGunner
    Expand Collapse

Common sense would say yes there will be a glut, however I'd you look back at the 2008-2009 rush we never saw that glut, people kept their purchases and I think the will happen this time as well... And that is good in general for support of the 2a, the more who practice the right the stronger that right becomes and the harder it will be for the tyrants to take it from us.

9. vinstang67

vinstang67
    Expand Collapse

Thanks.
    I am new. It's been just about a year since I purchased my 1st firearm so I have not seen what happened before.

10. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

You are so right on this. It would be wise for the politicians that want to ban guns to take a good look at whats going on with all the buying. If your old enough to buy a gun your also old enough to vote. Every buyer is a voter. (I hope).

11. jaxxx

jaxxx
    Expand Collapse

Lol this is all kinda funny watching people trying so hard to get a g19 or g17..... Specially paying 600+ for one.

I have a coworker who voted Obama looking so hard for one, maybe ill sell him mine for $1000.

Then buy another one a few months from now from those who bought just cause of all the hype.

12. bignuglyone

bignuglyone
    Expand Collapse

G19's all Gens are non existent around here. During the pre '94 ban period there was no such rush on guns. In '08 I was pretty much satisfied with my gun collection and only effect on me was ammo shortages. I had a S&W 431 (.32 H&R mag.) I really liked but ammo was non existent for all most 2 yrs. after '08. This current rush on guns n ammo is unbelievable. I scraped together some .308 and .762 x 39 I've had for years and planed on selling it at a GS this W.E.. I'm having second thoughts now as I'm not going to freeze my ass off standing in line for an hour to get in only to be crushed in a crowd of crazies.

13. SouthernRaider

SouthernRaider
    Expand Collapse

US is arming itself. A gun looks better than a dollar long term

14. John_NJ

John_NJ
    Expand Collapse

Buds has some gen 3 and 4s in stock. I'm going to place an order at the beginning of February when hopefully the panic buying starts to die down and selection improves.

15. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro
    Expand Collapse

I haven't noticed it in my area.

16. DNS

DNS
    Expand Collapse

I had a glock dealer tell me that for the first time, the glock warehouse was empty about two weeks ago. He normally has several of each model, he only had two glocks, the rest on backorder. I have no idea if this is dealer bs or not.

17. bignuglyone

bignuglyone
    Expand Collapse

I called "Glockstore" last week. The canned voice told me I had to call only after 2 pm PST if I wanted to talk to a real person. Voice also mentioned there were no Glock "high cap" mags available in the country from distributors.
    I called back several times after 2 and never got anything but busy sig..

18. VC-Racing

VC-Racing
    Expand Collapse
    General Flunky

I just walked out the door of my LGS in and was quoted FF/ LEO pricing on G22 / 23 $470 w/ nite sites. $390w/o. They had several. I even picked up 2 (limit) new 15 rd mags ($25) and 3 used( like new) 15 rd for $25 each. As i was leaving, a guy was buying the last 5 used mags they had ...

19. TTex

TTex
    Expand Collapse
    Cannon Fodder

Yeah, I just wanted an extractor and I can't even get parts!:wow:

20. akapennypincher

akapennypincher
    Expand Collapse
    Glock-O-Holic

Glockmeister still has some Glocks in stock, but being diplomatic, they too have been hit hard for what was a plenty before x-mas. If it show on the web-site, order it and get them to send it to your local FFL. Good prices.