close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock dealer in Pa

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by JohnGill, Feb 5, 2004.

1. JohnGill

JohnGill

Apr 3, 2003
    Here!
    Hello,

Glock prices and,everything else,is high in the Philly area.What is a good dealer that offers a fair price on the G17 ? I am willing to travel in Pa. Would a private FFL be better than the shops ? Buying new.

Thanks,

John

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :) A quote from:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218895

'The fishing department appears to be one of the best in the world - definitely Cabela's strong suite! Yes, they had a great many firearms on display; but none of the prices were, anywhere near, what I've seen at numerous other area gunshops. I bought my last GLOCK at Gander Mountain in Dickson City. Gander gave me a really good price on a Model 21; and Jason Edwards, the store manager, told me - flat out - that he would meet or beat anyone else's price in the valley - then, he did! I, also, noticed that Gander's shooting supply section was, actually, better stocked than the same section I saw in Hamburg.'

Suggestion: Get your price ideas off the internet; i.e.: GunBroker.com, AuctionArms.com, or pickup a copy of, either, Gun List, or Shotgun News at the paper store. Then, determine what the going rate is for whatever Glock model you're interested in. Next, contact a large dealer/gunsmith organization like Gander Mountain and make your best deal. I actually brought proof of the lowest price I'd found to Gander with me before I placed my order. I would buy, again, from Gander - anytime. (Only at my best price!) Remember their well-trained gunsmiths, 'come with the gun'.

Hope this helps!

Regards, 'AA' ;)

3. dgg9

dgg9

May 26, 2000
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    I haven't been there in a year, but Classic Pistol always had low prices.

4. WFR

WFR

Dec 2, 2001
    Gander Mountain currently has a sales flyer out with the G37 listed for $499. They usually have several used Glocks for sale too.
    Hope this helps!

5. There is a shop in Lebanon that has the best prices on Glock's that I have ever seen. The name is Shyda's Gun Shop phone 1-717-273-6572. If you are interested I have an early 2nd generation G19 with 4 HI CAP NDF mags, and a Kramer horsehide IWB holster that I may be selling. I'm only interested in doing a local deal in the Phila. area. Good luck, ShooterJD

6. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :) John,

Give this shop a try: Piestrak's Gun Shop, 1-800-281-0716. They do a large volume of business with local LEO's - both duty and private carry. You might be pleasantly surprised. They're located in Nanticoke, near Wilkes-Barre. ;)

Piestrak's Gun Shop
    104 Alden Mountain Rd
    Nanticoke, PA 18634-4202

Phone: (570) 735-3776

Here's something, else, you might want to take a look at: http://www.internetarmory.com/Pennsylvania.htm

- 'AA'

7. MrMunster

MrMunster

Nov 4, 2001
    Pistol People in Bensalem are not necessarily the cheapest, but they won't screw you either. They are honest, hard working people and won't give you any BS.

Also, give Target Master in Chadds Ford a call. They often have police trade-ins for reasonable prices.

And, if you want to do a road trip, skip Gander Mountain and Cabelas (they are overpriced) and head straight to Wilkes-Barre: http://64.224.40.78/miva/merchant.mv (Call for pricing info.)