Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Glock Connector rigidity

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by zorkd, Jan 26, 2007.

1. zorkd

Sep 2, 2004
    Trying to understand better how the Glock Safe Action works, i unloaded my glock and looked down at the mag well while slowly squeezing the trigger. It seemed that after disengaging the firing pin safety, the connector flexed a little just before it breaks. That flexing explained the "staging" that I felt in the trigger. While it did not really harm my shooting that much, I really have to practice more until i can even come close to the allowable mechanical accuracy of most handguns, it made me wonder if all factory 5.5lbs connectors flexed like this and would a third party connector in 3.5lbs remove this flexing, staging and give a crisper break.

input from folks who have installed a 3.5lb connector that is not from glock would be appreciated.

if this is indeed how all glocks are from the factory, does anybody know why? i mean, i would think that rigidity on this part is something that is desirable and would not cause any detrimental effects on reliability.