close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Confidence

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Sep 2, 2012.

1. This YouTube is posted on Glock's Facebook page. What do you all think? (Thanks to stolenphot0 for the initial find.)

[ame]http://youtu.be/l91nwgMCNA0[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. Not sure of who the guy is but If i was on a range with him I would leave. it looks like he muzzled himself a couple of times.

He muzzled the camera people. He had no discipline of a safe area to keep the loaded and ready to fire gun pointed.

I would say that person needs a safety refresher on how to handle a loaded firearm. I hope that is not a Glock sponsored video We only have to follow a few safety rules to avoid a dangerous situation ,He ignored all of them

I don't think that's a good video.

3. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    This was a trick question,,,,,, Right? I can't believe that Glock "shared" that link. So many things wrong,,, so little time!

4. wdp

wdp

Dec 27, 2011
    Twin Tiers, NY
    This guy needs a refresher on basic safety. Bad, vid, bad advise.

5. Just trying to pique the sensibilities of our ‘viewers’…

I also question Glock’s wisdom in posting that video.

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
  7. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    :shocked:I'm stunned!

8. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Yeah, a whole lotta fail there. First, I would not start a novice with a .40. Just me maybe. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on the camera crew, I just figured they were using a static camera setup. But he was sure waving that loaded gun around quite a bit and broke the 180 rule several times. And his grip advice! :faint: He needs to send his daughter for some proper training. :wow:

Scott

9. Just like to keep the blood flowing in all you old folks... :)

10. OrGlocker

OrGlocker

Mar 8, 2009
    Salem, Oregon
    After watching the video please tell me that the camera that was filming the video was on a tri-pod and not an actual person.

11. OrGlocker

OrGlocker

Mar 8, 2009
    Salem, Oregon
    I agree the support index finger on the front of the trigger guard :whistling:

12. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    Hey,, Who you callin' "Old Folks"?

images.jpeg

13. Thanks for the link, I have read some of the comments and see the majority of them agree the man is unsafe in handling the fire arm.I think he may be too wrapped up in what he is saying,instead of what he is doing.

I think he might be concentrating on making a video,hitting his marks, reading his script,He was very relaxed and entertaining

He should be concentrating on the loaded gun he has in his hand.

The intent of the video and the informat6ion they are sharing about getting a young one to shoot is excellent. Its a great way to enjoy some family time with a young one and its certainly a confidence builder ,but the execution of the video stinks,

I applaud Glock for there working in promoting guns as a sport and great family time .

I am sure if they had had one person from the G.S.S.F division watch that video they never would have shared it

14. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    Yeah, so much wrong there. Also obvious is her bad body position - she is leaning back, rather than "nose over toes". A kid that young will have a tough time with a .40 leaning back like that.

15. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    On a second thought, this type of performance is exactly why I do not shoot at ranges and public National Forrest anymore.

16. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Ok first of all if i were to hunt i would carry my g23 or anyone of the handguns i have the possibility of carrying, but to actively hunt with it would not be something I fancy. I do not know if I could and won't be finding out if i could. Also i understand his "confidence" theme yet the way he confidently talks about taking life just does not settle with me. I would not hesitate if it is my last and final option but I would not be living a happy life knowing i ended someone else's. I think that in the video he should have focused on the fun aspect(after someone who knows anything about saftey gives him a little sit down) rather than the hunting aspect.

17. Certainly, if you aren't totally prepared to take a life with an SD carry gun, you likely should not carry for self-defense.

I had a Navy 'C' School instructor tell us in a class that we could kill more people with our pencil than an Army Infantryman could with his rifle in battle. Moral: Join the Navy, kill with your pencil...

18. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Mar 13, 1999
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  19. tua05737

tua05737

Mar 31, 2012
    Had to be on a tripod or else u woulda seen the camera bobbing n weaving...try safety before confidence...jeez

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    Alot of the shows on the outdoor channel show folks pointing guns past cameras and they always have "remote camera" in the right hand corner of the screen. Is it possible that Glock got rid of that graphic to install the "G" logo? I would say that's the case. However that index finger deal was beyond me. Keith Warren is a very well known professional hunter, I'm sure safety was taken into consideration while filming.