close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock conceal carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cjkoz1975, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    After a lot of experimentation, I've ended up with a Galco Matrix for my 26 (and is now modified for my 19), and a Nate Squared Pro holster for my 21, and it also works great for my 19 and 26.

I like that both are just clipped on, so they're quick to put on/take off.

2. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    most of my holster are Don Hume, good holster for the price and most of the times in stock, I wear a T-shirt under...T-shirt, gun, pants, belt and untuck shirt..

3. mad_glock26

mad_glock26

Nov 18, 2012
  4. wagonm

wagonm

Jul 28, 2009
    WA
    Buy whatever holster that meets your needs and budget, but don't forget a quality gun belt.

$$$ such as Beltman, and most holster makers
    $ such as Wilderness 5-stitch.

I have and use both types, but the Wilderness is my first choice.

Happy shopping.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  5. MikeNH

MikeNH

Jul 18, 2009
    I'm the total opposite- I kinda like that my G32 is finally showing some holster wear on the edges. :lol: For reference, it's been carried fairly regularly since mid 2009.

6. jdpst20

jdpst20

Feb 5, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    I would say Crossbreed, Theis Holster are what I've heard a ton of great reviews on. Below is a photo of my G36 in a holster I picked up at a local gun show just about a week ago. I'm still waiting on my permit here in PA, however I've been wearing the holster out and about and when I'm home I wear the gun around the house. I like it because the leather actually forms to your body shape and with some adjustments in the holes, I have it so the top of the kydex part is right at my belt-line. I can easily draw out the firearm and it conceals very nicely in designer style jeans and a looser (not baggy) polo shirt.

Here is a photo for reference. BTW I was going to order a CB or TH but I didn't want to wait for it. The one I have is pretty much a replica design but still used quality materials.

Oh yeah and I totally don't care about holster wear or scuffs. I plan to carry my glock for years and years and put millions of rounds through it lol. It will build the character. Congrats to Being able to carry.

[​IMG]

7. intenseneal

intenseneal

Jan 10, 2013
    I just picked up a Uncle Mike's IWB holster for my G23 and it works well enough, not very easy to reholster the gun so I will shopping for another IWB holster but for under $20 it is great. I am a smaller guy at 150 lbs so concealing is a little challenging without a baggy shirt which I dont own many nor do I like button up shirts very much. I just started to carry so I am getting used to it and figuring out what will work best for me.

8. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

Jan 14, 2012
    You say that the N8 squared you use for your 21 also works for your 19 and 26? That is one holster I really like the concept and look of. I have had a hard time finding anyone who has one to ask them about it. How is the quality? How do you like the polymer vs. kydex?

9. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    Yeah, since only half is leather, the holster will tightly hold the 19 and 26 when it's in the belt.

The quality is really top-notch. Been carrying it daily for about 7 months now, and it hasn't had an issue. There's a noticeable shape of my 19 (most carried) in it, but even the sharp mag release hasn't damaged the leather, which is what I was worried about. The leather is stitched nicely, and the plastic hasn't caused undue wear on my guns. The weird part is that you have to twist the gun a little to draw, but it really only takes a few repetitions to get used to it. A big plus for me was that the holster is 100% US-made, and all of it comes from and is produced right here in NC. Or at least that's what the Nates say. Only real complaint is that it gets pretty warm in the summer. Great holster overall. Well worth the $65 I paid.

10. :agree:

11. I use both, but my collection is about 9/1 kydex to leather. I keep nice Galco and DeSantis rigs around for dressing up when going to court etc. but my EDC rigs all tend to be kydex. I have a favorite now though... A Sidewinder from Concealment Solutions. It has a kydex form fitted piece riveted to a thick piece of horse hide. By far the most comfortable holster I've ever used, and I've used more than the US Cavalry.

12. cjkoz1975

cjkoz1975

Jan 14, 2012
    How well does that set up conceal being OWB?

13. Its a great idea and works well with my g21. I use a vanguard trigger guard while doing it though. Currently I am back to a Rave holster but the carry clip fits a purpose and you obviously havent tried it.

I ccw a 21sf daily in this rig. No issues and yes it will print here and there but unless you are new to ccw you will learn to forget about that.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbiVAyRyEo"]G21sf multiple drills - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013