Glock conceal carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cjkoz1975, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I live in Illinois and as most of you probably know we will soon be able to carry here. Finally!!! I'm being optimistic that this state will allow all law abiding citizens to carry. I personally have a Utah permit but have not carried because I do obey the law. I am a die hard glock fan since I bought my first one about a year and a half ago. It's a gen 3 26. Since then I've bought a gen 4 19 with tru glo night sights and just a couple months ago the gen 4 21. These guns are all my favorite. I am leaning towards carrying the 19 if I can find a way to comfortably conceal it. I am looking for some advice on IWB vs. OWB and also leather vs. kydex. I know I have to get over it but I'm leary about wearing out the finish on my babies. For some reason I think finish wear affects function. I mean I know it doesn't but it's a mental block for me. I would like to get a good holster the first time but I'm realistic in knowing that I might not get it right the first time. Thanks for all your insight ahead of time.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS/WTT: Raven Concealment and OTG Glock Holsters Holsters & Related Items Aug 24, 2015
    For Sale: APPALACHIAN CONCEALMENT AIWB Holster - Glock 19 / Glock 23 Holsters & Related Items Aug 23, 2015
    WTS Glock 36 Holsters RH Comp-Tac, Raven Concealment, Desantis, etc IWB OWB G36 5 Holsters Holsters & Related Items Aug 22, 2015
    WTS: Raven Concealment Glock 42 IWB Holster Holsters & Related Items Aug 12, 2015
    F/S Glock 26, 27, 33 IWB (Inside the Waist Band) Kydex, Concealment Holsters Holsters & Related Items Aug 3, 2015

3. Fen

Fen

I have been using a crossbreed supertuck with the horsehide and combat cut for my 27 and 23. I have used it for over a year here in Florida. It's an awesome IWB holster.

4. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I use an Comp-Tac MTAC most all of the time. I have also been using a Crossbreed but I have it up for sale in the classifieds here on the forum.

5. zbomb

My 19 is carried in a super tuck. Personally, because of my wardrobe, owb is not possible to conceal.

As far as iwb is concerned, I much prefer the super tuck style as the wide mounts to the belt and the leather backing against your body help distribute the weight and keep pants from sagging too bad in the location the pistol sits.

6. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

I own several leather Brommeland Max-Con holsters.
    What I like about them is the far flung loops. I would suggest ANY holster with the far flung loops or clips be considered for it's flatness and stability.

7. I carry my G23(.40 version of the 19) in a desantis speed scabbard on my belt at 3 oclock position all day long and sometimes forget it's there. The thing I like about this holster is it's 3 slot so you can wear it with the cant or without. I usually carry it without the cant because the glock feels better that way to me but I use this holster for my CZ p01 also and that feels better with it canted forward.

8. Crossbreed supertuck. I have one that is 3 or 4 years old, it's been great, no problems with it. I own a supertuck for every carry gun I own. There are 2 reasons why I prefer it, 1) they hold the gun very tight to the body, more than any other holster I have ever seen 2) They use metal belt clips. I am not a fan of holsters that use kydex belt clips, at some point I've had them all break on me.

Crossbreed won't be pretty like high end leather, but it performs flawlessly and is the most comfortable holster I have ever used.

9. Desanits Mad Max! Its the ready to buy a lot cheaper version of the Milt Sparks VM II:supergrin: Both Great holsters,I have both.
    I don't know about others but Im not putting my Glock or any other handgun into Plastic. I don't want anymore wear and tear then there has to be.
    Also if Im spending the money Im not gonna buy some Home made looking version of a holster,like a Crossbreed... but that's me.

#8 Scrappy, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. I like the looks of the Mad Max. Does anyone have any experience with Don Hume? It looks simple but is it any good? Also how much does skin contact with the gun hurt it?

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Show me a man with a pristine Glock; and I'll show you someone who either just walked out of a gun store with a brand new EDC, or a man who's no good with, at least, that particular gun. :freak:

As far as the gun goes, the only thing that matters is how well you handle and shoot your Glock. Get over it! The way you're going you ain't never going to be dangerous with one of those toys to anyone other than (Perhaps?) yourself. ;)

#10 Arc Angel, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. good luck with what ever you choose, and good to hear your state is finally recognizing your 2nd amendment right:cool:

13. I know. I want badly to let my glocks get some wear. I'm like that with everything. Even cars. It kills me. That's just what I need to hear though. I want my guns to be reluable. After all they start out not pretty. I don't know why I worry about holster wear.

14. Fellow Illinoisan here. Gov Quinn and the Lt Gov. are going for "may issue", not "shall issue" so you may not have to worry about holster wear after-all. You will have to show need to carry concealed. Chicago has the votes and until their population wakes up the rest of the state has no say. Hope I'm wrong, but the facts say I'm not.

15. That stinks that may be shall issue. Especially since the reason I really want it is because I have to go to the hellhole that is Chicago for work everyday and I am sure they will not accept that as a reason. Even though that is the place I am most likely to get shot in pretty much the whole country.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Bladetech Razor or Galco Kingtuk (similar to Kholster and Crossbreed Supertub). IWB in a leather backed kydex holster like the 2nd options mention is the most comfortable an concealable. The bladetech is nice and easier to don.

17. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

G23 in a MTAC has served me very well:wavey:

18. On my 26 I use the clip that attaches to the slide with no holster.

19. As far as Kydex goes Raven Concealment sets the standard. Their Phantom line can be set up for IWB or OWB. If you want something smaller their VG2 Isabel of polymer cover the trigger and connects to a belt. My friends call it the bikini of holsters.

Since everyone is different it's really hard to have people recommend you a holster. If you go to a store or a gun show you might able to try some on. Also local clubs/matches might be beneficial for this as well.

20. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Supertuck user here!

21. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Terrible idea IMO!