close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock breakin

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by FanofGlockster, Jun 18, 2014.

1. FanofGlockster

FanofGlockster

Oct 9, 2013
    I have 2 new Glocks, a 23 and 27 I carry one or the other at all times. Have cwp for fl. Should I go through 200 rounds with each or trust out of the box.?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. kilibreaux

kilibreaux

Oct 12, 2013
    If you can't trust a new Glock "out of the box" you can't trust anything, including a double-action revolver!
    I would, have, and DO trust my Glocks directly from the box!
    in FACT I built a G19 on a custom steel frame that worked 100% from shot number ONE!
    If you don't trust a Glock then stop carrying!

3. Mechanically? Yes, I'd trust a Glock out of the box. The more important question, have you fired a Glock before? I would run a few boxes of range ammo through them, and a mag or two of your preferred carry ammo, just to be safe. I carry a 27, and it has not failed, ever. It's a Glock. Growing up with 1911s and CZs, it did take some getting used to. Even if you are familiar with the brand, it's always a good idea to thoroughly function check any new (or new to you) firearm that may save your life.
    Congrats on two of the finest, by the way. Enjoy!

Caught somewhere in time.

4. 33GlockKR

33GlockKR

Jun 12, 2014
    You can trust it out of the box but you may as well go have fun and put a few hundred rounds down range anyway. :supergrin:

5. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Oct 22, 2005
    PSL FL
    Over the years I have bought, sold, and traded many Glocks.
    As far as breakin,Glocks don't need any. Shoots the same from round one to one thousand and one. And just keeps on going.
    It is always fun to take a new Glock to the range, and a good practice just to be on the safe side.
    I have never had any kind of failure with any Glock.
    The only problem has been an ammo problem.

6. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    You're not testing the Glock pistol, so much, for reliability. You're testing your chosen AMMO. :)

N8365r likes this.
  7. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Oct 22, 2005
    PSL FL
    A Glock Pistol is like the Energizer Bunny, Just Keeps on Shootin, & Shootin, & Shootin.

8. I would not trust carrying any firearm I have not personally ran at least a mix of 500 rounds of assorted ammo and the minimum of 50 rounds of the defense ammo I plan on keeping in the fire arm.

I also suggest anyone who carries a fire arm for protection to shoot it a couple of times with your ears off and at night. Our guns go bang with our ears on ,Our guns go BANG ! with our ears off,and sparks and fire may come from the barrel when shooting in the dark. Don't be suprized by either,