Glock barrel replacement

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by jaywhy, May 3, 2010.

1. jaywhy

I want to shoot my 24C in limited class, so I need a new barrel.
    Barrel costs, seem to range from $110 (Lone Wolf) to $275 (Bar-sto).
    Can anyone offer experience in new, (non Glock) barrel selection/replacement?
    Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock 22 9mm conversion barrel with mags. Gun Parts & Accessories Monday at 11:57 PM
    Lone wolf barrel for glock 30 - $65 shipped Gun Parts & Accessories Monday at 5:11 PM
    WTB: Conversion Barrel For Glock 27 .40 S & W to 9 mm also, 9mm mags Gun Parts & Accessories Friday at 2:08 PM
    Glock 20 with a spare barrel General Glocking Aug 19, 2015
    CUSTOM GEN3 GLOCK 35 (RAPTOR SLIDE, STORMLAKE BARREL, ZEV PARTS, AND MORE) Firearms Listings Aug 18, 2015

3. Do a search, many threads on this subject.
    Welcome to GT.

#2 oogway, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  4. I have a Bar-Sto in a G21! Needless to say, it is even more accurate now; however, it will NOT feed Wolf .45 ACP!! For that, I have to reinstall the factory barrel. I have 990 rounds of Wolf ammo! :rofl:

#3 G21-30, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. new G22 - a wolf or Bar Sto 9MM conversion barrel??

6. Go for wolf. It works just fine on my G22 and pretty more accurate than my G factory barrel too!

7. Lone wolf will work fine. Barsto is nice but usually needs fitting and for that and the increased cost, I can't say that there is increased accuracy.

8. I have a barsto in 2 of my sigs and lone wolf in my Glock, honestly all work well, when I got the Barsto 1t needed fitting other didn't. Barsto offered to fit it for free but I had to send them my gun and about $90 shipping there and back, I just had a local fit it and cost me 70. Fit and finish of the Barsto is a little nicer and a 3 ported barrel only sticks out about 2/3 of an inch, 2 port LWD sticks out about a full inch. Bang for the buck LWD wins hands down, I'm getting a barrel for my G21 and it will be a LWD for half the price of the Barsto.

9. BillR

BillR Senior Member

KKM is (IMO) the best barrel for the money. They're higher priced than LW, but they're more accurate and better made in my experience. I've owned several KKMs, and my G35 and G34 have them installed now.

10. have you used LWD? not meant as a smart ass question

11. BillR

BillR Senior Member

Yep, I've owned several. I just sold my last one last week when I found a KKM for my G34. LWD is not a bad barrel, but the KKM is better IMO.

12. Has anyone had any feed problems with the Lone Wolf barrels?

13. No feeding issues with the Lone Wolf Barrel that I know of. They are a good value. And welcome to the forum.

14. Sorry, wrong forum.

#13 AK74play, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  15. my lonewolf for my G27 is going back to the armory, it miss fed nearly a dozen rounds and fires high, the barrel I recently baught was the 4" threaded for the G27 and a comp. I have to aim 1-2' below my target to hit the target and forget it feeding from my 9 round mags. The mag springs maybe old but the stock barrel feeds flawlessly. OUtside of those two possible major issues I liked the tighter breech.

Edit: and for the record I have only shot 23 rounds through it they were all factory Winchester S&W .40

Edit2: oh and the comp really reduced the recoil from being well above my .357 taurus to about the same as my .357 taurus, I love the reduced recoil as I do shoot a lot, I'll kill a box of 90 clays in a day of shooting easy.

#14 knowntofew, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  16. Nanuk

I have trouble feeding my LW BBL. I can't afford to feed it as much as I like shooting it. I bought the 9mm conversion BBL for my Gen 4 23, added a bushing and a factory gen 3 guide rod and it runs great, and is very accurate. :tongueout:

17. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

I love KKM..........more accurate than OEM, well made, looks nice, decent price, shoot anything, reliable.

18. Isn't the LWD made in another country, and the KKM made in the USA?

19. BADOS

Lone Wolf barrels are made in the USA.

20. agreed completely

21. Go with an original Glock barrel. Contrary to internet experts, the OEM barrels are very acurrate, more so than most after market barrels. Both Speer and Federal use Glock barrels to quality check their bullets. There's a reason for that.

It is amazing how many uninformed Glock owners purchase a new Glock, start reading the internet, and then start replacing parts, before ever truely learning how to run the pistol and becoming proficient wiith it.

#20 Singlestack Wonder, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013