Glock Talk banner

Glock aside, what's your favorite full-sized 9mm?

33K views 221 replies 165 participants last post by  bac1023 
#1 ·
I love my Glock 17. I ordered another 9mm to keep it company, a P226 all-stainless. But even though it hasn't come yet, I have kind of changed my mind; I already have a P226 ST in .40, and want something a bit more diverse in my collection.

It's difficult to try all new guns where I live, and I may have missed some from the list so I'm curious what other people's fave full-size 9 is, and what makes it your favorite?

#177 ·
I like my Beretta 92FS Vertecs. My favorite full size 9mm:

Me too. I use a 92D Vertec (INOX) for work (issued gun), and love it!

#184 ·
Someone's gonna say it, might as well be me. Beretta 92FS.

But I like the Glock 17 better :)

The Beretta's good features are soft recoil, butter smooth action, nice trigger in single action, good 3 dot sights, very reliable, accurate, points well, grip feels great in the hand, and an absolutely bomb proof safety system that rotates the firing pin 180 degrees out of alignment when on, and has a firing pin block so it can even be carry safety off.

I agree. I carried this handgun almost every day for 20 years. Can't improve on what you wrote.:cool:

#193 ·
beretta 92 cuz it feels solid in the hands & it makes me look good @ the range. :cool: seriously the most fun & pleasant pistol to shoot in the collection, barring a .22.

#194 ·
-In 9mm the only alternative for me is the Browning HP w/extended abidextrous safeties. I'd consider a Colt Commander but want the extra ammo of the P35.
-No Beretta 92 for me: I carried one in the Army & they did not enjoy a good reputation. I bought a Taurus 92 because of the placement of the safety.
-As a 45ACP second choice I'll stay with the M1911 w/ambi safeties.
-I haven't tried the ParaOrdnance P14; my Glock 30 is enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.