Glock aside, what's your favorite full-sized 9mm?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mr00jimbo, Oct 8, 2012.

1. I'm in the market for a new pistol and leaning real hard to the Beretta 92.

I'll have to sit and drool for a while--have insurance due in Nov and Christmas in Dec---so maybe around tax time:(

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I HATE slide mounted safeties such as the beretta's, otherwise they are a fine pistol.

3. Browning Hi-Power..would still be my favorite if there were
    no such thing as a G19. :supergrin:

4. I'd have a really hard time deciding between a Beretta 92 and a Browning HP

5. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Beretta made a few, very nice 92 variants with frame mounted safeties (Steel I, Billenium, Combat). Unfortunately, the prices were out of sight. :alex:

6. Beretta 92fs (Italian models)---have two, so they don't get lonely---smooth, accurate and reliable.......

7. The Taurus 92 is the frame safety they use the original Beretta machinery to make them.

8. Another vote for the Beretta 92 fs! Mine's Italian made. Got it over 20 years ago and I still carry it on occasion and take it to the range to shoot.

9. They're no Beretta though.

10. Two great pistols for sure

11. But a fact no less.

12. True

I think the 92 is, by far, the best pistol Taurus ever built. Its not nearly as smooth as the Beretta version though.

13. Steyr GB. 18 round magazines. More accurate then I'll ever be.

14. I like my 92 because it is a classic. But I shoot the Px4 better.

Px4c
    [​IMG]

My P99 AS is also a sweetheart. Just a very accurate pistol for me.

P99 AS
    [​IMG]

For the record. I only own 1 Glock - G30SF. Wanted a 10 round .45 pistol for carry.

#134 agile_1, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  15. I also love the GB.

16. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Doesn't mean the quality of the two guns are comparable. :dunno:

17. Well said

18. Only full sized 9mm I own that is not a glock is a Beretta 92. And I have 2 of them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Who actually uses the safety on a 92 anyway?

:dunno:

20. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

My favorite full size 9mm is the S&W 5906. With Mec-Gar 17 round mags it rivals any 9mm for capacity, is built like a tank and shoots any ammo I run through it. I think every 9mm enthusiast should own one!

Posted from my busted old G2 on T-mobile's sorry network.