Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock Armorer in East Tennessee? Slide Lock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G35DriverG19Carrier, Nov 7, 2012.

1. I just bought a new Glock for the collection. Its a Gen2 Glock 22. It feels great and I feel like I paid a fair price for it. However, when I got it home and cleaned it I decided to take it out back and shoot it (I mean I bought 500 rounds of ammo just for this gun). And after almost every round the slide locks back.

Other than that it ejects great and looked good on the inside. Do you have any recommendations on what may cause this or if there is an armorer in the East Tennessee (Knoxville) area that you'd recommend taking it to.
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Only two possible causes:

1. Slide stop lever was re-installed improperly
    2. Operator thumb.

1. With the slide off, lift up on the slide stop lever and let go. It should snap back down.
    2. with the slide on but no magazine in the pistol, pull the slide all the way back and let go. It should slam forward.

3. JDennis

Aug 9, 2012
    Des Moines
    If the place you bought it from completely cleaned it, maybe the slide lock spring was over looked and is over the pin rather than under.
  4. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    Gen 2's only have 2 pins. The slide stop on a gen 2 has a tab or nub. Either the spring is missing/damaged or possibly a later Gen 3 stop has been installed though I'm not sure if doing so would cause you're type of malfunction. HTH.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. Txnowtn

Apr 5, 2004
    Sevierville TN
    I would call Wayne at Sevierville Indoor Range. 2 Glock certified armorers there. Nice guy to deal with, too.
  6. JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    I prefer the Sevierville range to the old ones we have in the Baton Rouge, La area.
  7. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.