close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock "+" and "+2" Mag Extensions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tornado_Racing, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Tornado_Racing

Tornado_Racing
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

I was wondering the differences between the older Glock +2 and the newer + extensions? I've seen the + are a 2 piece design and the older +2 are just the extension. Are they the same thing but with a new spring retainer? The newer ones seem to make disassembly easier though.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. kenndapp

kenndapp
    Expand Collapse

Yup....... The old ones just kind of snap on with very little retention. The new ones have a retention floor plate that does indeed work. They are good to go. On anoither note...
    If ANYONE knows where I can find some glock OEM "new style" plus 2 adapters with floor plates.......LET ME KNOW.

3. Tornado_Racing

Tornado_Racing
    Expand Collapse

B'tach has them showing in stock. I would call before ordering to assure inventory is correct.

#3 Tornado_Racing, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

Have you tried, 'the big three' aftermarket parts suppliers? (Glockmeister, Glockparts.com, and LWD) 'Ed's Sport Shop' in Tamaqua, PA had a bunch of them in stock two weeks ago; but, that was two weeks ago. Right now, who knows?

(There's been a terrific run on guns and ammo around here. Several of the smaller gun shops have had to close their doors until new inventory arrives. Yesterday a local gun dealer told me that he sold out arriving new inventory, twice now, in a matter of hours after getting it in.)

'Ed's Public Safety' in Stockbridge, GA might have what you're looking for. 'Ed's P.S' is a terrifically good Glock dealer. B'Tach might have them, too; but B'Tach is not a terrifically good gun dealer. CDNN is, also, another place I'd suggest looking.

5. kenndapp

kenndapp
    Expand Collapse

The big 3 and ****** are out even though the product is not marked accordingly. I hate that. I have 3 failed orders in the past 2 weeks which resulted in only a temporary pending charge on my card followed by an email.

6. Tornado_Racing

Tornado_Racing
    Expand Collapse

Is there anything wrong with the older +2 extensions? I've got a source to pick em up for $5 each shipped.

7. kenndapp

kenndapp
    Expand Collapse

If you drive the mag home hard enough they will pop off resulting in a speed dump. I would not use the older ones for anything other than training.

8. Sand

Sand
    Expand Collapse

How do you tell the difference between old and new?
    TKS,

9. kenndapp

kenndapp
    Expand Collapse

if they just slide on with no retention floor plate....they are old, and no good. if they have a retention insert/floor plate....they are new, and rock solid.