close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Alaskan 50th Anniversay

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by martyj, Jun 24, 2009.

1. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    This is a 50th anniversary Alaskan glock 27. I also have its brother the 23.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever seen any of these or knows how many were made.
    Thanks marty

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    No info on them, but thank you very much for posting this one's picture! Could you post photos of the set for us?

3. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    They were purchased from a retired alaskan state trooper in April of 09.
    All he knew was that he ordered them in july of 08 and they arived on jan of 09.
    They are both unfired and not even sure the slide has been racked on them.
    They are both blue box and the g23 came with 3mags and g27 came with 2 mags.
    I called glock this morning and they said they made 390 of them total and didnt know the break down of how many of each one.
    The serial number are mxl prefix

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  4. TACO

TACO

Sep 4, 2000
    TX, USA
    Are they just laser engraved? I have a "40 YEARS OF STATEHOOD" Alaska Glock 27 from 1999 and it was actually machine engraved/rollmarked just like all the other slide markings before the slide was finished/blackened.

5. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    No they are just rollmarked with the white paint. Thinking about getting rid of them not sure how long I can hold off on not giving them a test run.:dunno:

6. USAONE

USAONE

Nov 3, 2009
    If you decide to sell , please let me know ! Thanks

7. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    These are still the only 2 I have seen of these and look for them quite often.
    Probably should sell them to a collector since I myself dont really collect Glock commemorative.