Glock add on stuff

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Shadow106, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Used to be that there wasn't much one could do with a Glock, other than different trigger weight modifications. Since I've retired, I've played with many of the new after market stuff that's available. A few were successful and have become part of each of my Glocks. A few were a total waste of time and $.

In the past year or so, I've been looking for some solutions to a medical issue that makes my hands so dry, I can hardly hold a glass without having it slide out of my hand. Tape has made a difference of course, and I've started using Limb Saver slip on grips on all my pistols. But after 22 years of Glockin' around, there has always been this little voice telling me that the grip isn't quite what it could be for my hands.

Today I installed grip adaptors on my G22C and my G23, and went to the range. I'm not gonna get crazy about this, but the still small voice said...., "Its about time, dummy!"

They come from gripforceproducts.com which is located in Ohio, and you get TWO adaptors (one with grooves on the beavertail, and one smooth) and four pins in the package so you'll have two extras. My cost was right at $20.00 and all I can say is, for me that little bit of polymer works like a champ. Kinda like a bikini on the beach vs. NO bikini on the beach. (well, not really but that IS a pleasent thought)

I gotta order one more for my G27.

FYI..., IMHO

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Shadow106, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock stuff General Glocking Jul 5, 2015
    WTS Glock stuff Gun Parts & Accessories Jun 16, 2015
    Glock 23 Stuff Gun Parts & Accessories May 17, 2015
    What dumb stuff have you done to a Glock? General Glocking Apr 5, 2015
    WTS Glock stuff Va. Gun Parts & Accessories Feb 16, 2015

3. I'm glad that you found something that works for you.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

The gripforce adapters work great for me. With the gen 4 glocks, people with big hands can add backtraps as needed. But many people were getting slide bite that way. With the large backstrap on my 19, 100 rounds at the range left me bleeding.
    Grip force adapters saved me from trading for a different gun. Guess Glock got the word too, now they include beavertail backstraps with new guns, and offer them for sale direct.
    Some people don't see the need, but many do, and gripforce has got nothing but good reviews.

5. Yea grip was an issue for me as well. That's why I ended up picking up a pair of these:

[​IMG]

6. The RTF2,Glocks version of Velcro. SJ 40

7. I like the GFAs, have them on a few of my pistols. I should point out that occasionally they will be very difficult to install, not sure why.

8. Had a chat via email with GFA, about putting the adaptor on a G27. He advised that there will be some 'fitting' required which does not give GF any heart burn if the end used does that. In fact, should the part get screwed up in the process, he says they will replace it at no charge. Can't ask for more than that.

9. You should try to find and handle a RTF2 frame. I find the earlier frames get very slick over time.
    The rtf2 was too aggressive for my taste, but the gen4 is perfect for me.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire