Glock 66

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by g9er, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RottnJP

Lifetime Member

LOL... But that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! :rofl:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. RottnJP

Lifetime Member

30 with 36 upper shaves about an 1/8 inch off the slide, and does make it feel noticeably less bulky for IWB carry. I've handled one, but I don't own one since I can't afford to buy a whole pistol just for the slide... I'd probably carry my G30 more if I had it set up that way, though. If LWD sold a G36 slide, I'd get one in a heartbeat.

3. Oh the folks that think if you have anything other then a stock factory gun and ball ammo that the courts and jury will view you as some crazy blood thirsty killer looking for some poor nun with a bus full of kids to throw off a cliff and set the wreck on fire on piss on the ashes... after all that you shot it with your tweaked firearm and super deadly razor sharp JHP ammo!

:rofl:

4. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

Ya so why make the grip thicker? I dont see what the overall gain is.

5. RottnJP

Lifetime Member

Seriously? 10+1 instead of 6+1 or 7+1. The extra grip thickness of the g30 adds value. The extra bulk of the slide does not.

6. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

SO, thick grip is easy to conceal, but thick slide not so much?

Nope, still dont get it...

7. This is the dumbest post I have ever read on the internet.

And I've read alot of dumb posts on the internet.

I guess you're going to sit here and tell my my AR15 Short Barreled Rifle with a suppressor will land me in jail (or run up thousands in attorney fees) if I use that in a totally justified home defense situation, right?

Idiot.

#27 Eurodriver, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

No doubt. But I'm the type of weirdo who will put a G34 slide onto a G19 frame. :supergrin:

9. RottnJP

Lifetime Member

Well, see, there you go- Some people think getting a whole new slide just for an extra .5" is downright silly. Some people like it. We all have our own brand of crazy.

(My EDC is a G23 lower and G22 upper, so I guess I share that particular crazy.)

10. It really surprises me that some people ever leave the house, let alone even own dangerous things that might get them sued or have to explain to a Jury......... If your in front of a jury you have bigger problems that I used a 9mm upper on a 40 caliber frame with a "-" connector.

11. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

Come on now, it's 1.3 inches :)

I've also stuck a full length slide on my M&P45 compact.

And have a couple of CCO configuration 1911's.

I really dig the short frame, long slide thing.

12. I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. What would be illegal in doing what he suggests? Does changing out the slide make it a manufacture of a firearm? I guess the serial number on the slide would not match the serial number on the underside the receiver/grip area? The required information is on the receiver to include serial number, manufacturer and importer.

13. No it's not illegal. Basically it lets you use a slightly longer barrel and the high cap mags from a 21. Kinda like cutting down a full size to take the compact size magazine.

14. Thanks. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading this forum. I could not think of anything illegal but wanted to know the reasons others did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.