close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 41 & 42

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ChrisJn, Jul 16, 2013.

1. this.....

2. yeah, they do. just ask all the gang bangers what their fav glock is..... lmao

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Nope, you just have to be "professional" enough...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU"]DEA Agent - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  4. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    FWIW, I found the SKU numbers for the new pistols on one of my distributor's sites last night while I was doing some ordering for the shop.

Glock 41 SKU numbers are PG4130101 and PG4130103, which indicate adjustable sights, and a low-cap and hi-cap version. The Glock 41 is more expensive than any of Glock's other pistols to date; based on the wholesale cost I'm seeing, street price will be $779.95 at my shop.

The Glock 42 SKU number is UI4250201, which indicates US-made, fixed sights and a low-capacity (10 or less) magazine. Wholesale price on this is only slightly above the Gen3 models, so our street price should be $539.95.

Actual pricing will, of course, vary by dealer/region/etc. but that should give a general idea.

I was really hoping the 41 would be an "optics ready" competition gun to compete with the M&P CORE and FNX-45 Tactical, and the 42 the long-awaited single-stack 9mm. If the OP's info ends up being correct, I'm much less excited. :(

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  5. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 20, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Like I said already: same ****, different year. I'll go back to my Shield 9mm, XDs 9, LCP & Sig P238. Pretty sad that I'm forced to continue sourcing all those other manufacturers and give them my money when what I, and most others, really want is a single-stack pocket-size Glock in 9mm, 380 or both.

Maybe some day Glock will get serious about listening to what it's customers actually want and try to put more of a dent in the consumer market. There's a HUGE segment out there that Glock as shown zero interest on getting involved in for years and it makes no sense to me. They're missing out on LOTs of profit and being able to take sales from their competitors by producing a product that will sell itself.

6. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    I'd go with tapered wall like the 9mm.
    It would feed better.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    It is absolutely real. Just like last year, the year before that and the year before that.:supergrin:

English

8. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011

Glock is like a million pistols BEHIND now in orders and can't crank them out fast enough to meet demand!! The founder/owner is filthy rich & lives in a castle. Yes, he "needs" your money like Bill Gates does. :upeyes:

9. PolymerPride

PolymerPride getcha suma dat

Sep 16, 2013
    Volusia, Fl
    First time i'v actually watched that video. Do you know the back story behind it. I mean how could he have possibly let that happen. I assume it was the pistol he was carrying. He's holding the gun up with the slide back to show everyone how it's empty then drops the slide and pulls the trigger and the gun goes off. Did he not take the mag out initially? Did he put a mag back in and just have a brain fart. It's beyond me how a DEA agent screws something up so badly in front of a class room of kids. I think he did do a decent job of holding it together after having just shot himself. It's funny how he try's to get them to hand him the assault rifle and everyone starts freaking out.. Guys relax, it's empty!!!....sureee....

10. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 20, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Who says members of GlockTalk are knuckle dragging mouth breathers who can't understand a basic concept?

11. WebSnyper

WebSnyper

Nov 30, 2011

Well the company is bigger than one man, and yes, if Glock doesn't listen to the market at some point, they won't stay in their current position of market share.

12. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    They should start numbering their models by the number of months or years it takes to actually find a piece available for purchase.

Oh wait, 41 and 42 months seem just about right.

13. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011

He's 84 for Pete's sake!! If you don't like what he has then go buy another company's gun. Quit whining. :wavey:

14. butcher_block

butcher_block

Jul 22, 2007
    i ll play since if this is even close low cap is 10 or less in a glock. so glock makes a G41 45acp built on the G21 (high cap ) but makes it slim slide (i really fell this coudl happen )
    the 2ns sku for low cap woudl be
    (start dream now)
    a slim side (from the G41) and a single stack liek the G36 but with a full length (G19 length since there is no need for the G36 to have a G30 length grip + mag gippy thing)

G42 while i think it will be a single stack or staggered stack (but not double ) 9mm and keeping a low MSRP tho might point to 380

all jsut guesses and puppy killing thoughts

15. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Don't know if it is accurate, but if you search the SKU numbers on Google you get to a site that offers a description as: 13 round Gen4 .45 ACP 5.3. Which to me is basically a Practical tact 21. BOOOOOOO!

Bring out a single stack Commander for sakes!

16. NoJoy

NoJoy

May 4, 2005
    Seattle
    ^^^Damn if that's the case, that is exactly what I am hoping for. :)
    And something I think we will be getting in the near future. Next year the 10mm version of the P/T. ;)

17. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
    I Googled the SKU for the 42 and all it said was that it was $418. Unless it's a 380, that seems like a good price point for anything Glock.

18. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    That $418 MSRP should correspond to a Glock .22lr pistol.... The guys I talked to in Smyrna earlier this summer @ Glock Inc. said one was in the works....