Glock 41 & 42

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ChrisJn, Jul 16, 2013.

1. INSIDE DATA LEAK!!!!!!!!

I just got this........

Gaston is so sick of the squawks about an itsy bitsy 9mm that the G42 will be a 9mm Derringer! It even comes on a keychain! Now all the single stack 9mm peeps will be happy!

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. :wow:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. my thinking too... :dunno:

4. RichardB

Silver Member

Right now his laurels have a backlog of orders, Seems to be pretty shrewd to me.

5. ale

ale Feeder

inside scoop....FWIW

GLOCK 41 - .45ACP Comp model.....like the 34/35
    GLOCK 42 - .380 Single stack 7+1

Production samples already exist and pricing has been set. Will debut at Shot Show 2014.

6. Correct. Glock has in fact emailed ordering info to LE dealers.

My guess is a single stack 9 will soon follow.

7. Wow, I really hope they have something crazy up their sleeve for the 380. I think it'd be silly to not have it the same size as the LCP. Unless it's a 1.5 stack to keep the height down, but add a round. Now, that would be neat.

8. A 45acp competition model is a little more interesting.

I'd still love to have a 45acp comparable to the G38 in the Gap lineup. Midsized frame, 4" barrel, in between the size of the G30 and G21.

9. I agree. The 25 and 28 would not be renamed and the world does not need another 380 or 45 GAP.

I like the idea of the 45 GAP, but the lack of availability and the added price make the 45 ACP the way to go, IMO.

10. SF and Gen4 frames mitigates 98% of the merits of the GAP.

11. The 41 sounds interesting; I wonder what size the 42 will be.

12. mrat

I'm LE and I'm in charge of all things related to firearms in my agency. I spoke to our rep a few weeks ago and he told me at that time that Glock would be coming out with a single stack fullsize .45acp and a single stack .380 in 2014. He said the reps were back at the factory and they got to see both models. I can't remember if he said they were able to shoot them or not. I didn't ask the model numbers so I don't know if they are designated the 41 and 42. I have no reason to believe that his info is not accurate. He has always been a straight guy and helpful.

I just did a google search to see if any info was out on new Glock models and found this thread.

13. 451040

451040 G21 G20 G27

I'm not buying that. 1911 guys won't buy it and who wants to give up capacity in a full sized frame? Not me.

14. Combining all of the features in this thread, maybe it's a competition 34/35 length with adjustable sights and a single stack. I guess it may allow the Glock into certain single stack divisions.

#254 TeeJay37, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  15. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

I don't know about other sports, but "Single Stack" in USPSA is limited to the 1911 platform only. The name is deceiving in that respect.

16. Oh, I don't compete, so I wouldn't know. Just speculating.

17. I must say if glock drops a single stack and its 380 and not 9mm I'm gonna be very disappointed. ........AGAIN.......

18. mrat

This guy is a Glock LE rep and he said he actually held both of them. I'm not sure why he would just make it up.

I think a lot of people would love a Glock .45 that would fit their hands, the Glock 21 is like holding a brick. Some guys in my department have already said they will buy it for duty with the 36 for back up and off duty, myself included. Look at the popularity of the sig 220 in LE and the civilian market. Being a single stack hasn't the 220.

Unless I misunderstood him and he was saying a Glock 21s?? I've got to admit that does make sense. When I spoke to him I was irritated that they were making the .380 instead of a 9/40 single stack.

I can call him next week and confirm it.

#258 mrat, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  19. 451040

451040 G21 G20 G27

Only time will tell. It just doesn't make any practical or economic sense to me.

I can't relate. My 21 and 20 fit my hand perfectly even with a Pachmayr grip sleeve.

I could see it being a problem for the medium/small handed among us. Most of those persons will opt for a 9/40 medium frame, though.

Too each his own. I wouldn't buy a single stack large frame Glock and I think the 36 will be discontinued due to poor sales.

I don't know if I'd use the work popularity. The percentage of LEOs using a 220 has got to be around .0001%. Civilians usually just buy what feels good/looks good to them.

That makes more sense then a single stack large frame but I still doubt it.

That's probably a universal sentiment among Glock owners.

20. A full size single stack .45 and a .380, Well im just so excited..... NOT. wtf is glock thinking