close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 36 slide lock release lever

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mrsig, Oct 28, 2012.

1. mrsig

mrsig mrsig

Jul 17, 2011
    Tampa
    I just purchased a new 36 and the slide lock release lever is nearly impossible disengage. I have disassembled, took the lever out and adjusted etc. slightly better but still very hard to release slide. Ideas or do I need gunsmith help?

2. Little Joe

Little Joe

Dec 28, 2007
    At The Ready
    I have the same issue with my 36. It goes a little easier with a full mag in the well, but not by much. Unfortunately, there isn't a reliable aftermarket extended slide lock lever. I'll be interested to see if anybody has a fix.

3. rlcoy58

rlcoy58

Dec 12, 2007
    You can use a factory extended slide stop/release. I did on mine and a friends G36,you have to file the pad that hits the mag. follower to the match the profile of the original stop/release,it works.

4. Little Joe

Little Joe

Dec 28, 2007
    At The Ready
    Thanks for that. I'll give that a go. I see exactly what you are saying. Piece of cake.

5. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

Nov 20, 2009
    Illinois
    I have had a Lone Wolf on my G36 for a few years and have never had a problem with it. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem with an extended slide release of any brand.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012