close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34 gen 3 vs 4, muzzle flip, recoil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MP9, Jul 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MP9

MP9

Hi guys..

I have been thinking seriously about getting a g34. I have a g19 and m&p that I use for competition. now I use the g19 more. the thing is as I'm getting more serious about competition,maybe the g34 is a better option. But so far I would go with the gen3. My g19 is gen4 and I really like the grip and felt recoil. but the other day I dry fired the g34 gen3 and gen4 and the trigger on the gen3 was smoother.

but what about the recoil? does the double recoil spring make it a softer shooter? less muzzle flip?

the other thing is, does the long sight radius make it a littler harder for sight picture acquisition? at competition you are always switching from one target to another and doing it faster, help to get a better score.

I have read about some shooters the long sight radius or the long slide make it a little more harder to get a fast sight pc.

as I already have a g19, I dont think the g17 is a good idea.. instead I should go with the 34.. if I decide to move up.

some advice?

thanks

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I can't say on the G34, but I do have the G19's to compare, I own a Gen 3 and a Gen 4, the difference is VERY minimal IMO, and not enough for it to even be a factor in deciding.

As for the trigger, I did trigger jobs on both using the same parts and the Gen 4 one feels a bit crisper, same thing when comparing my G21's, the Gen 4 trigger feels better.

YMMV
    FM

3. spartanranger

spartanranger

Yeah, in 9mm the only time you'll notice the difference in recoil is using LE type high velocity ammo. I switched all of my 3rd gen to 4th and am happy I did. The recoil spring has a longer life to it, the grip is better and the trigger with a dot connector is very smooth.