close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 34 accuracy update

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billy b, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. billy b

billy b
    Expand Collapse

I reported that I had accuracy issues with my early gen 3 2 pin 34. would not shoot under 3" groups at 20 yards & was getting bad flyers .today I shot 34 upper on my gen 3 17 lower. world of difference. groups now run 2 to 2 1/2 at 20 yards & no flyers. I took locking block out of frame & checked it over. frame pin is not loose in frame or in locking block. should I just go ahead & get a new locking block & pin, it is $26.99 at midway. is there something else I should look at on frame ? I still think this gun was not shot much for its age. locking block had # 5 on it. thanks for any input.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

You could swap the G17/G34 locking blocks and see if one improves and one gets worse.

3. GLW

GLW
    Expand Collapse

I had similar issues with a G-23 once. It turned out that the slide lock had been installed facing the wrong way. There is a lip on one side that the barrel lug hooks into upon lockup. If the slide lock is backwards, the barrel will not have a consistent lockup when in battery and accuracy will suffer greatly. When you swapped receivers, you eliminated this as a possible problem. Hope this helps.

4. alazgr8

alazgr8
    Expand Collapse

No to hijack this thread, but what do you consider acceptable accuracy from a Glock out of the box? My new G36 is decidedly underwhelming in accuracy. In the photo's, the larger group is 6 rds from my G36 at 10yards, and the small group is 6 rds from my 1911 at 10 yards. I look forward to any suggestions you would care to offer.

Regards,

Rick

Attached Files:

• TRP.jpg
      TRP.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB
      Views:
    • G36.jpg
      G36.jpg
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
  5. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

alazgr8, An excellent Glock shooter can shoot your 1911 group at 10 yards.

6. qfkeon

qfkeon
    Expand Collapse

I'd be curious what the result of putting the 17 locking block into the 34 frame would be? I owned a 34 that was my least accurate Glock by far. If you do the test let us know.

7. billy b

billy b
    Expand Collapse

I can"t put the 17 locking block in the 34. the 34 is an older gen 3 with a 2 pin frame. everything I took out of 34 looks new, no wear on any part except slide lock. I plan on getting a new slide lock & spring, the spring seemed weak.. at this time I do not plan on getting a new locking block. I may get a new trigger pin that goes through locking block. I'm glad I didn"t get a new barrel like I was thinking of doing. by the way, someone had suggested checking slide lock to see if it was in backwards, it wasn"t. part of the fun to me when I get a different gun, is trying to get the best accuracy out of it that I can get. I DO NOT do this to my home defense guns or my carry guns. I leave them 100% stock & carry factory ammo in them.

8. nraman

nraman
    Expand Collapse

Excellent idea, he can also swap frames and barrels from the G34 to the G17.