Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Glock 33 or 29?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Dawolf, May 22, 2011.

1. Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Mr. Ayoob,

I am considering switching from a 9 MM to either 357 Sig (Glock 33) or a 10 MM (Glock 29) for CCW. I do some hunting, so I was leaning toward the 29. I have a Sig 226 with 40 and 357 barrels, and love increased accuracy of the 357. We only have Mt. Lion and a few black bears here and there. Would the 357 Sig be ok for both the 4 legged and 2 legged predators? Thanks in advance, as I love reading your stuff oin American Handgunner.
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Never hunted mountain lion, but my instincts tell me "bigger is better." I'd be inclined toward a .44 Magnum myself, but between the two Glocks you mention, 10mm Auto with a powerful hunting load might give more peace of mind.

3. Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Thanks. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .41 Mag, which I use for hand gun hunting. It is a bit bulky (7.5" barrel), to haul around along with my .06. I guess maybe you are right, though. Probably will get a 33 for CCW, and 29 to wear as a hunting side arm. Thanks again.