close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 31 .357 Sig

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MustangDaddy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Over the years I have owned several Glocks in 9mm, .40, and .45. I went into my local gun store with the intention of walking out with another Glock 22 or 17. I ended up walking out with a Glock 31. Took it out this past weekend and ran a couple hundred rounds through it......what a sweet pistola! Definitely liking this one....a keeper for sure. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. roberev

roberev
    Expand Collapse

Great choice. I have become a major fan of Glock in .357 Sig.

Personally, I stay away from the Winchester white box ammo though, which has a propensity for keyholing.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Normally I stay away from this as well.......but with the current climate, this was the only available ammo to go shooting with at the time. I keep it loaded up with Winchester Ranger 125gr JHP's for daily carry. :cool:

4. unit1069

unit1069
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations. I absolutely love the only Glock I own, a G-32.

#4 unit1069, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks...I went into the range session ready to dislike it and go back to another Glock 22 afterwards. But after I was finished I decided that this caliber and model is a keeper. The only negative I can see at this point is the cost of ammo vs. 9mm and .40, but I can live with the difference in price!

6. thinktwice

thinktwice
    Expand Collapse

I am really a big fan if the 357 Sig round. Once you shoot it enough you will see that you are shooting it more accurately than you shoot with just about any other caliber. Or at least I did. I am sure you will love it Congrats!!

7. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!! I really enjoy this round and pistol combo. To me it feels like a stout 9mm +P+ through my G17, but loud like my .38 Super! LOL
    Very accurate and enjoyable to shoot. :smoking:

8. Ben B

Ben B
    Expand Collapse

Underwood has it back in stock. Cheaper, cleaner, and more accurate atleast in my 32. Also really big difference when you pull the trigger.

9. FYRELT

FYRELT
    Expand Collapse

congratulation,you will love the 357 sig,i have a gen4 32 and a gen3 33,put my gen4 26 in the safe and carry the 33 with le gd rounds,injoy.:wow:

10. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr
    Expand Collapse
    GAPist #1944
    Silver Member

Me too but a 31G4. :supergrin:

11. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

My experience exactly. Even with reloading, it seems the 357SIG is inherently accurate. Just about every load I try works good! I have loads downloaded to 9mm spec, and full power ones that all shoot the same!

12. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone using the 357 Sig to carry, like the G33 for example?
    I'm a little reluctant because of all the over penetration horror stories I've heard so I have stayed with the 26 because of that.

13. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

I will sometimes carry 357SIG when I am kayaking or boating, or if going to be in the woods and not taking my 10mm (I want the penetration if talking wild animals or boats, etc). For typical everyday carry I keep to my 9mm, 40, or 45 (Auto or GAP).

But, the 357SIG with 125gr bullets only penetrates a few more inches than the others... I would think it would still be okay for "social" use. Over penetration is only bad if you are in a crowded setting and have to use it.

14. SiberianErik

SiberianErik
    Expand Collapse

I ccw my 33 every so often. It is my last Glock I own, well that and the G20.

I hate the WWB as it is soooo dirty as well. For JHP I use the Win PDX1 line. We have about 800 boxes of it at work right now.
    :wow:

15. 1canvas

1canvas
    Expand Collapse

over penatration is over rated, it depends on the bullet and the load used. check out the ammo penetration specs from speer, federal, and winchester, and compare them with other popular calibers. you will see in most cases the increase in gel test are minimal in comparison.
    for me I mostly carry HSTs in 125grn in public cause they expand very well. for the woods I carry Gold Dot 125grn for a little more penetration. I stay with ammo from the top three ammo companies cause they provide all the performance I need.
    in reality they only provide 100-200fps over the 9mm depending on the gun and ammo. from what I remember in a 26 9mm to a 33 357sig in the Gold Dot line I believe you are a little over 100fps gain.
    my point is the sig is more powerfull than the 9mm in loads from the big three ammo manufactures but not so much to worry about over penetration.

16. mrsig

mrsig
    Expand Collapse
    mrsig

I have come to love my 32 as well. Just put some green Truglo's on it as well. I agree with the white box but that that was one of the few boxes of any ammo at Walmart this week. Any time I see any .357 sig ammo I pick it up. I like the 357 sig so much I bought .357 sig barrel for my Sig 229 .40 as well.

17. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the G31.

The 357Sig is a great round. :cool:

18. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to all you guys for the input and info.....good to be back on here after a time away. Looking forward to putting more rounds down range with the new Glock....now Im gonna need a couple more to keep it company.....lol :supergrin:

19. Catshooter

Catshooter
    Expand Collapse

I had never considered a 357 Sig seriously until just recently. A friend traded his gen 2 G19 for a 31. We shot WW box through it. My my does she shoot flat! We were shooting at a small silhouette at about 80 yards, he with his AK, me with his 31. I hit it seven or eight times out of the first mag which was more than he was.

Interesting piece.

Cat

20. MustangDaddy

MustangDaddy
    Expand Collapse

I agree Cat.....very cool cartridge and pistol!