close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30sf update

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockpotion23, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23

Here's an update on my troubled G30sf. I called Glock today to see whats the status on my pistol. To my surprise, the CR was polite and helpful. Anyway, the confusing part was that he said, they shot 50 rounds of various ammo and had zero malfunctions. So now i am thinking maybe it was a break-in issue? He said it would be shipping out today so, i should be receiving it by Wed. He said Blazer ammo would be a good inexpensive brand to shoot. He also said they have been experiencing problems with Federal ammo. I hope it was a break-in issue although i assumed Glocks didnt really need one. I wonder if its just the .45 acp Glocks that have problems besides the Gen 4's? Anyway, i cant wait to get it back so maybe i can get it to the range this week to see whats up.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Edit: Reading your original thread, you said it had feeding issues, but your description of the slide being very close to being in battery sounds more like the G30SF failure to return to battery problem.

They probably didn't even shoot enough through it to replicate the problem. It's possible that they replaced the trigger bar and it works fine now, and they just didn't tell you that they did over the phone.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23

Yes, thats true but, i told them exactly what it was doing. They probably did replace tthe trigger bar because it seems strange that all of a sudden the problem is fixed and they used various types of ammo. Either way as long as it functions flawlessly is my concern.

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Im glad they got it worked out and it will run fine when you get it back.. Im going tomorrow to pick up a G30 SF, and then off to the range with it hope it wont have any issues ...

5. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23

Congrats on your tomorrow purchase. You will love how it shoots; very soft shooting IMO. Hopefully you wont have any issues like me...good luck

6. MikeG36

MikeG36

Good luck with the repaired 30SF. Hopefully whatever they did took care of the problem and re: Fed Ammo, I've avoided it up until recently. Ran fine in my Gen 3 19 - as did blazer brass. Give us a range report as soon as you can.