Glock 30S

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pennypooguns, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Well, I went back today & bought a 30S (he still had a couple). I will shoot it tomorrow along with my G30SF to see if the recoil is acceptable... I feel sure it will be.

I did notice that slide peening has already begun, with just the factory test rounds! At least there are noticeable marks on the slide & locking block. Even my G30SF with a couple hundred rounds on it does not look that way; the lighter slide is obviously moving much faster than the regular G30 slides.

It fits a couple of my G30 holsters, but is a little loose in the Askins Avenger type (actually an older Dillon for G21's that I had shortened for a previous G30). I can tighten that if necessary.

The trigger bar is a -2 instead of -1. What's that all about? Is that unique to the G30S?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Noponer, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. The kick is noticeably more than the G30SF, especially when firing Buffalo Bore +P 230 gr rounds. Not horrible... about what you would expect when losing more than 3 ozs. of steel in the slide. Probably no worse (if as bad) as a G27... I have not shot one for several years.

I'm gonna keep it, though - it's worth it for a .45 SD gun weighing little more than a fully loaded G26. I never use +P rounds in .45 for EDC.... just keep a mag full for those times when I might take to a trail in the woods.

#22 Noponer, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. thanks for your feedback Noponer...I'll have to decide if I can deal with easier carry but stouter recoil or...

Bill

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hmmm...that is very interesting. That's the first report I've read of a -2 variant of the trigger bar. Is it still 4256, marked 4256-2?

#24 GRT45, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. Yes, 4256-2. BIG stamped numbers.... the "2" was almost around the bend where the spring arm turns down. :dunno:

I might add that the slide would go into battery OK when held vertical & the trigger held back. The G30SF that I bought a few months back would not do that, but functioned fine with live ammo. That test does not bother me if a gun shoots OK.

#25 Noponer, Jan 30, 2013
  6. josey88

josey88 central Florida

I don`t know about you guys , but I prefer my slide thick .
    A thicker slide is safer and have less recoil , less snapping and perhaps more control , in my humble opinion .
    I guess that Glock have nothing else to do and they are coming up with some ideas like thinner slides to diversifiy sales .
    My G30SF is just perfect . It is a Gen 3 with some mods : XS Big Dot Express night sights , Pierce Grip extensions on all my mags , Glock plug , extended slide release , NY-1 trigger spring and Siderlock trigger safety ... absolutely perfect !

#26 josey88, Jan 30, 2013
  7. People have been building their 'home brew' model 30S (gen 3) for some time. Glock is only now legitimizing the model.

I am waiting for the Gen 4 Model 30. Hopefully, it will soon arrive.

8. A thicker slide is safer? Yeah, okay.

9. josey88

josey88 central Florida

Well, if something goes wrong inside the slide , what would you prefer you have had , thinner or thicker slide ?
    Believe it or not , things like that happens all the time to weapons .
    I was just reading and looking at pics of a CZ-52 with an exploded round ... incredible . The CZ-52 is built like a tank , it is an all steel weapon with a heavy steel slide and the guy walked out without scratch .
    To me , personally , if I am given the choice of thinner or thicker slide , I choose thicker . I am not suggesting that the 30S is unsafe . Just my personal opinion
    Check this out :
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468774

and this one ... and it can happen to anyone on any caliber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#29 josey88, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013