Glock 30

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Lt8523, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Lt8523

Hello all
    My first post on this site.

I have been shooting and gun smithing for a while now and recently my eye has caught the 460 rowland

I own a lot of glocks because I can get them at le price so I figured I would add to my list and buy the 30

I must say I love this gun, I purchased a storm lake stainless threaded barrel and chucked it up and took it to the 460 depth checked with the gauges and the mic. I purchased a tri delta muzzle brake and a 21 pound dual recoil spring and put it all together. I test fired the glock and noticed on the primer there's a good strike but also a slash per say under the strike. No signs of headspace issues and other than the dings from ejecting it looked good. I field stripped it and noticed that wear marks were showing and on the breach face it almost looked like a round copper color. I noticed the muzzle brake was a little to far back so I moved it up a little and shot again. The primer marks are not as bad but the brass is getting thrown out quite a ways.

Are these marks normal for this conversion?
    I'm guessing the wear marks were due to the muzzle brake not being properly adjusted?

Anyone else have these issues?
  2. Loading...