close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 SF problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SSSTANG, Aug 21, 2012.

1. SSSTANG

SSSTANG

Hello, I'm new to Glocks and just found this forum while searching for an answer to my problem.

My Glock 30 SF was purchased new in Apr 12, I bought it from the original owner last month and got to fire it for the first time yesterday. He said he had fired about 200 rounds and didn't mention any issues. I was at the range primarily to fire the AR and only shot one mag through the Glock. The problem was that after every round I fired, the slide would lock to the rear. It would not feed another round until I released the slide. The original owner had installed a SS guide rod, extended slide release and Ghost Rocket connector.

I don't know for sure if I attempted to re-seat the magazine but I have been thinking that that may solved the problem.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. tacops5372

tacops5372

Sounds like maybe after recoil your thumb hits the slide lock up? Or possibly the extended slide lock itself? Is it a aftermarket slide stop? Good luck and hope it's and easy fix??? Should none the less.

3. Dave.1

Dave.1

Sounds like the slide release could be improperly installed.

The end of the spring on the slide release should be up against the locking block pin. See Butch's excellent pic in post #12
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427858&highlight=Slide+stop

The previous owner probably put the trigger pin in first.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY"]Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Dave

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. SSSTANG

SSSTANG

Thanks for the ideas, the link and the video. Now I have something to play with when I get home. I'll report back later.

5. scosgt

scosgt

If it does it every time it is installed wrong.

6. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Here are a couple of pictures from Butch that illustrate very well how the slide stop spring should be positioned. Make sure the locking block pin is installed first, then slide the slide stop into the frame, then insert the trigger pin.

Correct slide stop spring position: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18689957&postcount=3

7. SSSTANG

SSSTANG

Well, the slide stop spring is in the correct position but doesn't have the same tension as the one on my 27. The one on the 30 isn't as stiff as the 27 and it seems like it would allow the SSL to bounce. I don't know if it is Glock or another brand. I might take it out and straighten the spring to see if it will have more tension.

8. SSSTANG

SSSTANG

Well, after firing it left-handed, it seems the problem may have been my right thumb hitting the slide stop. I'm still not happy with the quality of the extended slide stop. Not sure of the brand but I don't believe it's a Glock.