close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 SF Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bikerpipes, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bikerpipes

bikerpipes

Why is it so hard to find a Leather holster for the 30 SF they seems that they are a popular I have had a holster from Optics planet on back order for a month.

2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

I support these guys from Texas. This is a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster which is a leather/kydex combo. The kydex shell is swappable to accomodate different pistols. Additionally, all the hardware on the back side is covered with another leather backing, so there is no metal against your skin.

[​IMG]

3. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

What is different on a 30SF compared to a standard 29/30? I know there are differences in holsters for 21 and 21SF because the SF has a Pic rail option but everything else should be the same.

4. jerry12

jerry12

I would like to know what a good Holster for the Glock 30 SF is also ? :dunno:

5. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Nothing, as far as the part in the holster. The 30SF difference is in the grip.
    Any 30 holster will be just fine for the 30SF.

6. MLittle

MLittle

I started out with leather holsters for my 30sf. If you want leather, go look at the Galco website. You don't mention how you carry.....I carry mine iwb on my appendix and have a Ultimate Second Amendment holster from Galco. If you go to their website, they have a lot of options for Glock30's and Glock30sf's.....they should use the same holster....only difference is the grip sizing. Personally, I prefer Kydex and have a Dale Fricke Archangel holster.

7. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

I carry in a Adams Leather pancake or IWB every day. Great holsters and great service. I can recomend Adams work.

Doyle

8. glocker73

glocker73

My G30sf rides in a TT Gunleather IWB, or a Brommeland Def-con OWB. Both are excellent holsters.

9. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

I use a Fobus paddle holster for my 30sf, and carry it day and night. This holster is light, tough and keeps the G30 close to your body. I have leather holsters for it as well, but they are bulky and heavy compared to the Fobus.

10. RevDerb

RevDerb

I got a Galco Fletch from Optics Planet for my G30SF and am very pleased with it so far.

11. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I recently picked up a Galco King Tuck at my local gun store for my G29sf. It is very comfortable and holds the pistol very well. So far, I am very pleased with this holster.

[​IMG]

12. DakotaGlockGuy

DakotaGlockGuy Polymer Artist

MLittle,
    I was checking out this holster as well, but was wondering if it was either:

a. Too loud since it was all Kydex, or

b. Uncomfortable... again since it was all Kydex.

I was just wondering what your experience was with it so far?

Thanks!

13. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

As long as it's not the Roto. Those stick out a mile.

14. High Noon

High Noon

You should not have a hard time, I think every maker is producing for the SF. We have our entire line for it, over 30 holsters.

We also have a rush service available if you do not want to wait for the custome stuff.
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Rush_Service/rush_service.html

Justin

15. High Noon

High Noon

A good holster depends on what job you want to get done. Extreme Duty....Lite Duty. Do you need one handed reholstering? There is alot going on in tying to get you the correct holster. The links below will help you out.

Please remember, concealment holster selection is not a science, its a discovery of preference. Each individual has clothing, body type and activity preferences which will determine which concealment method will best fit within their own lifestyle.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Questions/_questions.html#19

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Questions/_questions.html#20

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Holster_Help/holster_help.html

Justin

16. High Noon

High Noon

The 30SF is thicker then the 30. In our holsters it will not fit the same.

Justin

17. DaBurna

DaBurna

<==== uses Don Humme H715 IWB holster for G30SF.... Good leather, strong clip, and slim leather (helps with the THICKNESS of the G30) carries like my G19/23!

18. trip20

trip20

I used a g30 red gun to form the kydex mold of my g30sf holster. What is thicker exactly?

19. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

High noon,

Absolutely agree with the holster comment. They are like shoes to your wife, you will buy some you rarely if ever use and some you use everyday. Most importantly, my "shoes" may not fit your feet.

I have a basket on my safe that I keep my holsters in. Once or twice a year, I clear it out, sell a few and buy a few.

Ref the G 30 SF and G 30, I have both and they both fit the same in my Comp Tac paddle holster (The model escapes me) as well as my crossbreed supertuck.

20. High Noon

High Noon

It may work with other holsters, but our designs are tite and needs to be molded on the exact gun or we have fit problems.
    The 30 will go in the 30SF holster but its not perfect. But the 30 sf is not going in a 30 holster. The SF adds the rails.The 30 does not have them.

Justin