glock 30 floorplate 10rd to 9rd mag conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thesilverbullet, Jan 28, 2013.

1. can i put a standard "flush" floorplate (like on a glock 21 13rd mag) on a glock 30 10rd mag to convert to a 9rd mag using same spring?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    GAP Floorplates for the Glock 43 General Glocking Apr 29, 2015
    WTS: Two G22 Mags with Glock+ floorplates Gun Parts & Accessories Nov 17, 2014
    Anyone have any spare Glock baseplates/floorplates? General Glocking Mar 16, 2014
    When Did Glock Start Using Magazine Floorplates? Glock Collector's Club Dec 14, 2013
    Glock Floorplates for use with magwells....... General Glocking Jan 29, 2013

3. No:supergrin:

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The short answer is no and the spring is irrelevant. The G30 10-rnd mag body is longer than the G30 9-rnd mag body. The floorplate on the 10-rnd mag isn't an extender at all. It doesn't extend below the base of the mag, but rather the sides of the floorplate rise up to meet the base of the pistol grip, if that makes sense.

#3 GRT45, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why not just buy a 9 round G30 mag?

6. well i guess they impossible to find for him cause its been impossible me to find... thank god i have one...

7. grt45, thank u for explaintion - must be a 45 thing.

whitebread, that would be too easy... thay are hard to find msims noted, at the end of the day i'm just trying to educate myself..

#6 thesilverbullet, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. I think Glockmeister has them. I just got one a few days ago from them, and their site doesn't show them out of stock or anything.

9. Is it really possible to put 10 rounds in a 10 round G30 mag?

10. I have four 10 rounder that are easy enough to load full. My nine rounders are a little tougher to fill up but I do it all the time without any kind of load assist tool.

11. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur
    Millennium Member CLM

The G30 mag floor plate is not an extension, it's just a floor plate that covers the part of the mag that extends beyond the grip.

G30 10 round mag:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. And you can also put a pearce G29 floorplate on a 9 round G30 mag.

13. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had no idea they were hard to find...they are all I use in my G30 (for range or carry). Of course, it has been a few years since I have even looked for them.

14. y, i just put 10rds in my g30S, you need the loader for the 10th round and it's a tight fit into the gun.

fyi- i found a cat last night on ebay selling new glock 9rd mags for ~$45 w/ free ship. i checked this afternoon and he has dropped his price to <$35 w/ free ship. glad i waited...

15. butch - thanks - u going the extra mile with pics - thanks man..

16. found more 9rd mags at the local gun show in morning for $35ea.

#15 thesilverbullet, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013