close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 30 and Magazines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by adkmurray, Jan 23, 2013.

1. adkmurray

adkmurray

Feb 25, 2012
    Hello all,
    Haven't been on the forum for a while so behind the curve for sure. I have a Glock 30, one of the first along with 3 magazines, an 11 round and two 8 round. Being one of the lucky residents of NY (that's a joke) does anyone know exactly where I stand. I think I am ok with the 8 round but not the 11. Not sure from reading different articles whether the 8 round mags are ok. Any good suggestions what I do with the 11?
    jim

2. scosgt

scosgt

May 25, 2011
    Glock 30 takes a 9 round or 10 round mag. There is no 8 rounder.
    The mags are legal to keep, but the "11" you cite, it if is really 11, has a +1 floorplate installed. You need to remove that and put on a standard base. The NYS mag capacity has been limited to 10 since 2000, and possession of that mag makes you a Felon.

3. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
  4. adkmurray

adkmurray

Feb 25, 2012
    Yes, I see it is actually a 10 round magazine. All I know is when I purchased it it was legal and assume it still is or was up until the new NY law goes into effect. Regarding the other two magazines they hold 8 rounds. Eight indicators on the back and eight cartridges, won't take 9, just tried it.

5. adkmurray

adkmurray

Feb 25, 2012
    Regarding the 8 round clips. From the NYS webpage re gun law changes as of April 15th the mags are restricted to 7.
    What's the story there?? Seven?? Am I a felon also with the the 8???? What idiot chose 7??

6. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
  7. adkmurray

adkmurray

Feb 25, 2012
    I don't know. You'll have to ask a felon. May have a hard time reaching one since they're all out celebrating a safer work environment.