close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK 30/36 Recon?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by I_Hate_George_Lucas, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I_Hate_George_Lucas

I_Hate_George_Lucas

I've heard that an employee of GLOCK is trying to convince the higher ups at GLOCK to do a G30/G36 hybrid and that it's called the recon. A G36 slide on a G30 frame. Any truth to this? Are people making it themselves?

2. GLK38

GLK38 ImRonBurgundy?

People do make it themselves.

I have heard both good and bad stories. Some guys say they have put 2k thru their hybrid with no hiccups. Others say they have reliability issues.

It sounds like a great idea to me. The only question I have is if the G36 slide is strong enough for .45 then why make the G30 slide so thick? It may be that the G36 came after the G30...

3. I_Hate_George_Lucas

I_Hate_George_Lucas

I think that can be answered easily.... the GLOCK 30 is simply a GLOCK 29 chambered for the 10mm. The .45 ACP Frames except for the GLOCK 36 were designed from the ground up for the 10mm Auto Cartridge. Thus it's a little bigger in size. The GLOCK 21 and 30 are over sized for the .45 ACP cartridge and the pressures it produces. Also the GLOCK 36 did come out after the GLOCK 30 so it was designed from the ground up to be a .45 ACP gun.... thus a little smaller in size due to lower pressures.

4. mj9mm

mj9mm

:dunno: really? the 30 is a double stack 45, seems to me the width has more to do with thickness of the magazine. when they designed the 36 everything is slimmer because the frame holds a single stack mag:dunno:i guess i could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to be that compex.

5. I_Hate_George_Lucas

I_Hate_George_Lucas

Well the frame make sense for being thinner on the 36 but on the 30 it's the same slide on the 30 and 29 in terms of manufacturing.

I would love a the GLOCK Model G40 to be a G36 but in 10mm Auto!

6. mj9mm

mj9mm

:wow:that could be quite a hand cannon. :faint:

7. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

I love my 10mm's but that would be brutal. My 36 has a nice kick to it, it would be rough with 10mm.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. 08DirtyBob

08DirtyBob

I kinda like the way the G30 is now! I can't stand the G36, actually the G36 is the only glock I don't like! I carry my G30 everyday in a Blackhawk Srepa. I carry the G26 if I am wearing a slim outfit that makes the G30 print to bad! I bought the G30 on an impulse buy and fell in love in with the first mag through it. I like how when I grab it I know it's a BIG O 45!!!!!!

9. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

I really wanted to like the G36 but the grip feels a bit strange to me. It's too long and skinny and creates an awkward hold in my hands. The G30 on the other hand is way to long and fat for my hands.

If Glock made a .45 ACP that was the same size as the 9mm/.40 Glocks, I would be first in line to buy one. The .45 GAP fits that bill, but the ammo is unheard of around here.