Glock 29s

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by cablecutter, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Is it even doable to make a Glock 29S model? I would be all over that!! I know the 10mm is more powerful but isn't the 1911 chambered in 10mm super thin? What about making a G20 and G21 "s" model?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock 23, Gen 3 w/ Night Sights Firearms Listings Today at 12:15 PM
    first two Glocks General Glocking Today at 9:24 AM
    Glock 43 slide is it hard ro rack? General Glocking Today at 9:05 AM
    Build a GLOCK? The Okie Corral Today at 8:30 AM
    Glock 42 vs Kahr CM9 and Others for Pocket Carry General Firearms Forum Today at 3:05 AM

3. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

They do not make one, and no, you're not the first to ask or wonder or dream ;)

4. I'm guessing the 10mm round is too powerful to use a G36 sized slide on.

5. Rigormootis

Rigormootis Semper Gumby

As soon as I saw the "30s" I began thinking of getting one -----but that will happen ONLY if I could also find someone to make a G30s 10mm conversion barrel. I just checked Storm Lake and it seems they don’t make any barrels for the G36...I wonder if that means they probably won’t make one for this new pistol. I would suspect that the recoil impulse with the lighter slide + 10mm would require a pretty stout recoil spring (and then of course the slide return would be hard). Still, this one has me intrigued.

What I’d really like to see (along with 1000s of others, I am sure) is a single-stack (8+1?) compact 10mm. In the meantime, I’ll be happy that my G29sf runs great (despite the slide rub on the trigger bar) and I am planning to pick up another 29sf unless I hear a 30s + 10mm conversion barrel is a possibility.

6. Do you REALLY want to be a candidate for a "Darwin Award" ?:faint:

uncle albert

7. Rigormootis

Rigormootis Semper Gumby

Me????

Why is it so unreasonable to consider a 10mm conversion barrel? Many people run them in their G30/30SF pistols just fine. I realize this slide on this new 30S would be lighter than a "regular" 30 slide...and I am guessing that it IS probably too light (which is, my guess, why SL doesn't make a 10mm barrel for the G36). Still, it seemed like a reasonable thing to ponder.

8. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

All that fuss to save a few hundredths of an inch slide width?!? I think I'm plenty happy with my 29SF and 20SF.

9. If you've ever felt the weight difference between the slides from a G21 & a G20, you would get a clearer picture. Same thing with a G29 & a G30.
    When the G29 was announced about a billion years ago, I had hopes it was going to be close in size to the 26/27 family. I'm glad it wasn't.....NOW.
    I've carried my G29 since 1997, and a lighter pistol with this much power just wouldn't be any fun. My personal defensive ammo is a 155 gr HP @ 1420 fps. measured over a chrono. This same ammo makes 1470 fps. from my G20.
    My other favorite handgun calilber is the .44 Mag. so I'm not anything near recoil shy.
    But I've shot enough big bore handguns to know when to say "when". from a practical standpoint.

uncle albert

10. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

I have and shoot a 21 and a 30. Carry them often too. I just don't see the need for a slim line 10 or a frankenglock made from a thinner slide. But I have no problems carrying the thicker slide guns. If it gets annoying I'd just switch to a .40 and go about my day. Too much worrying over nothing these days.

11. VN350X10 not to drift the thread but it's nice to see a chrono report out of the G29 vs G20 for what sounds like the same the round I'm carrying in my 29 which is the 155gr XTP from Underwood but I've never chronographed them.

12. The rounds aren't from Underwood, rather they are my personal handload, using Vhit. N350 powder, Remington JHPT's & Starline brass. Std Winchester primers are the sparkplug.
    Nobody bother going the "No handloads for personal defense" route, it will just waste bandwidth. I've heard it all before & when/if the chips are down, will trust my handloads over ANY other ammo. My plan is to be able to tell my side of the story, with no interuptions or other opinions heard !

uncle albert

13. 30S in 40/45Super. I've been running a 36 upper on 29 frame with 30 mags for about two years. It's cool but not as big a deal as to lose a rd. to the 29 with ammo that 10mm detractors refer to as 'botique'. Reloaders need not concern themselves as long as you have a good supply of brass. 40/45Super truly are botique but that's as close as you'll get. The 29/36 is the only pistol I've shot 45Super in so far since I had 21 and 23# springs for it. It worked well and I liked the 230's. Can't wait for a hog to try it out on.

I'd rather have a 30 or 29 than 30S but I don't have a 30. The 40Super Underwood makes looks incredible. More power than the 10mm, more than I realized for sure.