close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 29 9mm conversion barrel

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by utah0859, Jun 2, 2010.

1. utah0859

utah0859

May 31, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm new to both glocks and 10mm. I just purchased a glock 29, a lone wolf 40 conversion barrel is on the way. I see that EFK Firedragon lists a 9mm conversion in the extended and threaded barrel section. Anyone tried one of these? I realize its unlikely but if so how do they work and what modifications are necessary to make them work?

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    The 9mm has a smaller diameter ejection rim and this could pose problems with the ejection of the cases In my Opinion! Also you will need a different magazine to feed from. You would do better using 357 Sig if you want to shoot the 9mm bullets from your 10mm and they will work from the standard magazines just like the 10mm the 40's do.

Best regards and welcome to the forum!

3. utah0859

utah0859

May 31, 2010
    Yeah I'd probably need to replace the extractor(if possible). I'm just looking at the cost of ammo being significantly better with the 9mm. I just got some bullets, the last missing component to do some reloading. Adding the cost of the barrel and the relatively small amount of time I'd use it its probably not worth the hassle especially with the mag and extractor issues. Wish me luck with these reloads.

4. chakup

chakup

Jan 30, 2005
    Eugene, OR
    Best bet on ammo cost is probably to shoot .40.