close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 with Factory + 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 153, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 153

Would putting a plus 2 extension on my 27's flush magazine increase the capacity two rounds or one?

If it does just increase it to 10, would it be California (sigh!) legal?

Thanks!!!

2. AZ Cat

AZ Cat

I believe they are intended to increase capacity by 2, but in my experience they only actually increase it by 1. Don't know about Cali...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

3. ParisArms

ParisArms

The factory +2 increases the 9mm mag 2 rounds but because of the larger diameter it only increases the .40 one. Check into some of the aftermarket +2's that truly add 2 rounds of 40.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

the glock factory mag w+2 says 11 rd total for the 27,But I dont own 1.

5. CoyoteDrifter

CoyoteDrifter

FWIW
    I recently purchased a G33 OEM extended mag. Althought it is 357 sig I'm sure that it is the same capacity in 40. I can only squeeze 10 rounds in it. However, if Glock claims it will hold 11 then I would not risk carrying it in CA.

6. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Just get a 23 mag with an x-grip extension. Perfection:)

7. JimM_PA

JimM_PA

With the Glock +2 extension, my G27 mags hold 11 .40 S&W rounds. I don't know anything about California laws.

8. RLZIII

RLZIII

The old GLOCK extended magazine floor plates and magazine inserts add two rounds to 9x19 GLOCK pistols (which they was designed for); however, it only fits one extra round in the .40/.357 GLOCK pistols, as it wasn't really designed for the .40 or .357. These magazines are marked "+2" on the bottom of the extended magazine floor plate.

The newer extended magazine floor plates and magazine inserts (which have been around for a long while now; you can't really find the old ones anymore) were redesigned at add two rounds of 9x19 and two rounds of .40 (and, therefore, .357 pistols as well). The magazine floor plate is simply marked "+" on the bottom. I have heard (but never tried) that these extended parts will also add one extra round of .45 G.A.P.; however, they do not work on .45 AUTO or 10mm AUTO magazines. I am not sure if these extensions will work in .380 AUTO GLOCKs (maybe someone can fill us in on this).

The extended parts definitely add two rounds of .40, as I have tried it myself. Sometimes it takes a bit to "wear in" the magazine spring. It's always easiest to load the magazine to the most that you can. If you can't get that last round in there, then just keep it loaded for a few days. After that you should be able to get the last round in there. Leave it loaded again, and it will get more easy.

It should be noted that some owners have found that they can add more than two rounds with the extended parts (namely in 9x19 pistols). This is not recommended. Only load an extra one or two rounds (or, with the .45 G.A.P.'s case, just one). This remains true for magazines without extended parts as well (only load up to the factory number). It should also be stated that these extended parts will not work in reduced (also known as "10-round") magazines.

The part numbers for the newer extended parts are:

Magazine Floor Plate "+": 7151
    Magazine Insert "+": 7165

As for the question about California: no, you cannot use the magazine floor plate in California. Even if you can't get that last round in, GLOCK designed the part to add two rounds. That will bring the GLOCK 27 and GLOCK 33's capacities to 11 rounds. If you want an extension to rest your pinky, I'd consider the Pearce extensions. In particular, the "PG-26" extension (that fits the GLOCK 26, 27, 33, and 39). This extension adds no rounds; it's simply a replacement magazine floor plate. Aftermarket extensions that actually add rounds have been know to cause problems at times; the "PG-26" doesn't change any function, and therefore shouldn't cause any reliability issues. I have tried this extension for range use and found no problems with it. I, however, only prefer GLOCK-made parts in carry guns (and, really, in range guns also unless I'm just testing something out); I'd only carry an aftermarket part if I really needed the extended room for my pinky (which, really, the way the "Baby GLOCKs" are designed, you really don't) and I lived in a place with laws restricting magazine capacity.

9. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

A bit confused here. So a 23 which has a higher capacity cannot be used in CA? It is a stock 23 part.

10. RLZIII

RLZIII

That is correct. GLOCK makes alternative magazines that only hold 10 rounds for all GLOCK pistols that would normally hold more. For instance, the GLOCK 23's 10-round magazine can be found here. The "+" parts cannot be installed on these magazines.

11. JerryVO

JerryVO

Both the 23 & 22 have a 10 round magazine option for CA use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

12. steve581581

steve581581

I can fit with no trouble at all - +3-9mm, +2-.357, and +1-.40 using a "+" oem mag extension.

13. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

I see. I didn't know that. Thank you.

14. Socks tear

Socks tear

I love the mag extension for the backup magazine, we got the other brand from the x-grip, but they look basicallly the same. Full size capacity with the compact slide, its perfect!My brother complained the fit was not super tight flush at the bottom of the pistol, but its fine with me

15. defend2nd

defend2nd

On a side note, I had to install a +10% Wolff spring when I added a Pearce extension to my mag. Without it, the last round would be an FTF every time. You may want to look into this as well.

David

16. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Was it an older mag? I've heard of this with the older separators.

17. RLZIII

RLZIII

As TheExplorer said, the magazine spring standards have changed. From what I understand, the GLOCK 19, 23, 26, 27, 29, 32, 33, 38, and 39 all use the same magazine spring now (9-coil). And I believe the GLOCK 22, 24, 31, 35, and 37 all use a new 11-coil spring. So if you were trying to use a Pearce extension that added rounds while also using a magazine with the old spring standards, that could have been the problem. If you were using a Pearce extension that didn't add any rounds (like the PG-26 I mentioned earlier), I don't quite understand why that would have been a problem, and why the increased spring would have fixed said problem. I'd definitely like to hear more about this.

This is a good reminder for everyone: always test your equipment if you plan to use it for personal protection (whether it be for home defense or carry). You don't want to buy a new part, install it, and before taking it to the range have to use it, just to have it fail in some way. Nothing is reliable until you have tested it (even if it's a GLOCK part).

Another side note: I just realized that GLOCK makes a special spring for use with 17-round 9x19 magazines (GLOCK 17, 17L, 18, 34) that have the "+" parts installed (giving you 19 rounds). Just by looking at the parts list, this seems to be the only case where one would need to change the magazine spring if the "+" parts were added. This spring's part number is 2551.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  18. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger

I have to applaud the following statement made by RLZIII:This is a good reminder for everyone: always test your equipment if you plan to use it for personal protection (whether it be for home defense or carry). You don't want to buy a new part, install it, and before taking it to the range have to use it. Nothing is reliable until you have tested it (even if it's a GLOCK part). This statement is the best thing I have read today!! +1+1+1

19. defend2nd

defend2nd

I'm not sure if I have the old mag or not. I can tell you that I purchased the gun (G27) sometime in April of this year. The extension is the Pearce +1. Without the +10% spring it would FTF on the last round.

David

20. RLZIII

RLZIII

The new magazine springs have been out quite a bit longer than that. If I had to guess, the problem was with the extension. For some reason, it seems to be very hit or miss regarding non-GLOCK extensions. It's good to hear that the aftermarket spring fixed the issue for you, though. That's why I generally only recommend using a GLOCK "+" extensions for the "Baby GLOCKs," or alternatively to become more proficient with using a two finger grip. Of course, like stated, you should still test the GLOCK extension before trusting your life with it. I know that some people don't like the shape and whatnot of the GLOCK "+" extension, and of course people have different preferences.