Glock 26 or Glock 36?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Georg of Ohio, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Actually I agree. I believe for CC the 27 (for those that can't, or choose not to, handle the 29/30) is perfect. A lot of people will tell you that it doesn't hold as many rounds as the 9mm and doesn't have the power of the .45. However I turn it around and say that it holds more rounds than the 36 and has more power than the 9mm.
    It's kind of like the V6 engine. Four-cylinders usually get better fuel economy, V8's usually have more power. The V6 (in the right package) is the best of both worlds, and can handle most jobs people would need it for and still gets pretty good gas milage.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Since my post, I have tried both the 26 and the 36. I went with the 36.The 36 just carry so much better than the 26, the 26 is just too fat for my EDC. To date I have fired around 1000 rounds thru it and it went bang each time I pulled the trigger.

3. JMag

Tough call. I like both calibers and both guns. The G26 and G36 are currently the only Glocks I own. Get both!

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just to clarify, you have had zero malfunctions with it?

5. No problems with my 36. I, too, found the 26 to be too fat.

6. you been reading your 1990's magazines again? :dunno:

7. I remember the saying, "In cold weather, the .45 is king." I think there is a lot of truth to that as far as the bullet defeating heavy clothing. I have a Shield in 9mm, but I'm looking at buying a M&P 45C for these cold-assed Iowa winters.

8. OP, from the fact that you ask this question, I would take that you are a novice or intermediate shooter. Nothing wrong with being a novice of course, we all had to start somewhere.

In that case I would strongly suspect the the G26 will be slightly easier to learn to master than the G36.

#48 SouthpawG26, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  9. Guys, y'all need to actually read the posts, he got the 36.
    OP, congrats. I actually like the 36. If the Gen 4 36 comes out I'll look at it hard.
    P.S. I'm STILL waiting for the 36SF...

10. Yes-zero malfunctions

11. 36 hands down id not want/own a 26 id 100% own a 36 though.

12. ^^ correct and which is why id not own the 26(or any other glock for that matter) and id gladly own a 36(if i could ever find a REASONABLE(to me) priced one).

13. They are within .05" of each other in width.

The g36 is almost identical in size to a g19.

I used to own a g36. My g23 is the same size and holds twice as much ammo.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. to me it came down to grip thickness and how it feels..I think the slightly thinner single stack grip was what made me like the 36...if it was Glock 23 size or bigger id not like it either(just as I didnt like my Glock 23 's grip..just to big and thick and always seemingly off centerline in my hand(and I wear a size L glove its not like I have small hands)

15. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

I think the 36 is going to be seen more favorable in the eyes of a person used to carrying a 1911 of some flavor, as opposed to a person who carrys (or wants to carry) Glocks.
    I personally own a 36, and have probably carried it more than any other Glock. Lately I've been carrying my 27 almost everyday. I like them both.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. I like my 36 but then again you have limited rounds. My 26 I always carry glock 17 mag as back up. On long distance trips I even pack one glock 18 mag. With the 36 you just stuck with limited rounds. By the way "Stopping Power" is a myth.

17. No it's not a myth. Ask someone who has been hit with a 45 slug and see what he says.

18. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

It would probably be hard to speak with most of them...

19. I went with the 26 and then bought a 27 for carry 9vs40, same frame, same conceal holster near the same feel

20. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

If you are concerned about 9mm stopping power then get a Glock 33 plus a 9mm conversion barrel. That way you get the stopping power of a .357 Sig combined with the inexpensive practice cost of a 9mm.