Glock 26 or Glock 36?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Georg of Ohio, Aug 7, 2012.

1. As a EDC weapon, I can’t decide between a Glock 26 or the Glock 36. They are about the same size (give or take),but which would it be better to have 6+1 45( I like the stopping powder of the 45),or 10+1 9mm( the more shots the better).

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Well, the first question I would have to ask is whether you want a 9mm or a .45?
    Have you shot (or at least held) each. Although the may be of similar size, they do feel different.
    I have owned both, and like them both. This is your personal choice.
    Me personally, I would go with the 26 if I didn't own a 9mm for range time ($ for ammo). If I did already own a 9mm I would opt for the 36, just because I really like the .45 (see name).

3. Take the better stopping power of the 45 for EDC, and 9mm for target practice and cheaper shooting at the range.

4. I would go for the 26. I had the 36, but decided the 26 was better for me.

A better comparison is the 36 & 19. The 36 is almost identical in size as the Glock 19 (just a tad slimmer) but the Glock 19 holds 15 +1. That's over twice as many rounds as the 36.

It's an easy choice if you ask me.

5. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

I currently have both. I carry the 26 and am looking to sell the 36 or trade for a 17 to go with my 26 and 19. YMMV

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

G26. And I own more .45ACP's than any other caliber of gun I own.

7. 36 hands down fits my hands better, like the round better. the ONLY Glock id own(as of right now) is the Glock 36. Only reason i dont have a 36 is ive never found a used on at a REASONABLE price.

#7 CBennett, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. I own both, but the 26 leaves the house much more often than the 36. No real reason that I can come up with, just habit I guess. In fact, the 36 is down right neglected through no fault of its own. I just picked up a Kahr K9, so we'll see if that changes my feelings on the 26 as well.

9. my g36 is my favorite carry, but i have a Kahr CM9 for lighter dress.

10. I'm not a big glock fan to start with, but I will admit I do like the G26 more than I used to. I first bought it because I got it from a friend at a great price and it was practically new. I think for a gun of it's size the 9mm round for me anyway is perfect for follow up shots should I need them. I like my 45 cal. pistols to be full size and made of steel. As in 1911's.

11. I have both. I like them both. I carry either of them. I feel comfortable, round wise, with either of them. The G26 is easier for me to conceal. Bottom line is whether you are comfortable with a 6 round magazine of .45 or a 10 round magazine of 9mm.

12. Wrong answer. Practice with what you carry. Any supposed advantage of the legendary .45 goes out the window if you're a good 9mm shooter but not a good .45 shooter.

13. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I agree. Plus 9mm SD ammo has come a LONG way over the past several years.

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If the question is which to acquire, Glock 26 (3rd gen) all the way.

The 36 has a reputation for not living up to typical Glock reliability. Same with the 30SF. I think that reputation is there for a reason.

15. If you don't mind the price of ammo go for the G36. 6+1 should be plenty in most instances. If not carry a couple extra mags.

16. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

My 26 is the gen 4 and has been perfect. Don't shy away if you can't get a gen 3.

17. Cole125

Silver Member

Out of the two I would take the G26. It is smaller, holds more rounds, and don't forget you can carry 15 or 17 round mags as reloads or tactical reloads if you get in a bad situation.

I like the .45 acp cartridge and my G21sf is one of my favorite handguns, but I am not into the limited capacity of the G36.

18. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Out of the two I like the 26 better but the 36 is a fine gun. The 36 is slimmer but they are not the same size otherwise either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Have you shot a 36? Most people that shot mine did not like it. I got about the same response from it as I did people trying Underwood 10mm out of my 29, only difference was they said the wider grip didn't hurt their hand as bad.

I don't think anyone had said anything negative after shooting my 26.