close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock 26.... Gen 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RaVis, Jan 13, 2013.

1. RaVis

RaVis

Jun 11, 2006
    U.S.
    My understanding is that the first Glock 26 was introduced in 1995. Would anyone have pictures or any link showing the various generations of the Glock 26? I'm interested in seeing the first Glock 26 model which I would assume would be the gen 2.

Thanks very much!
    :supergrin:

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    The early G26's had finger grooves, but no checkering between the finger grooves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    The G26 and G27 were the first Glocks to have the finger grooves on the grip, and as such, would be Gen3. But, since they don't have the mounting rails on the dust cover, a lot of folks want to call them Gen 2.5. However, they simply have no room for the rails, if they did, they'd have them....and would still be Gen3.

Early G26/27's didn't have checkering on the front strap between the finger grooves, but the checkering was added some years into production. Some folks want to call the early one's Gen 2.5 and the checkered one's Gen3, but for my money, a little checkering doesn't make a generational difference.....still Gen3.

For my purposes the G26/27/33's have always just been 'subcompacts', it's easier that way. Now though, with the coming of the Gen4's, I guess the old one's are Gen3's.

Clear as mud, right? And I'm sure someone will chime in to disagree..... :)

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Well, actually there was at least one, a prototype, and I shot it.....but they were not produced for sales without the finger grooves and thumbrests as they weren't importable that way because of the Gun Control Act of 1968. :)

[​IMG]

5. RaVis

RaVis

Jun 11, 2006
    U.S.
    Butch and Glockdude1,

I appreciate your responses. Your info/explanation is definitely clear enough.

One additional question: Have the internals always been the same? Have the sub-compacts (G26 specifically) had the same recoil spring assembly as we see today in Gen 4s?

Thank you.
    :thumbsup:

6. RaVis

RaVis

Jun 11, 2006
    U.S.
    That really does look like a cut-down G19.

:supergrin: