Glock 24 slide cap

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by trh53, Jan 23, 2013.

1. trh53

Does anyone make a cover or cap for the top of the Glock 24 slide? I'm not using a compensated barrel and would like to fill the hole. It's not a big deal but if it was easy I would probably do it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone Running an Extended Slide Stop Lever on a Glock 21 Gen 4 ? General Glocking Yesterday at 6:19 PM
    Who does good Glock slide machining (specifically for rear serrations)? General Glocking Thursday at 7:06 PM
    WTT Glock 37 complete Slide Gun Parts & Accessories Oct 3, 2015
    Gen 3 glock 19 slide milled who would you send it to???? General Glocking Oct 2, 2015
    WTB: Gen 3 Glock 17 slide and Barrell Wanted To Buy Sep 29, 2015

3. SCC

SCC Member Me

Never seen one

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Duct tape.

I'm using Tapatalk on my mobile phone. I apologize in advance for any grammar/spelling issues. I blame the phone.
  5. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

The cut out is for weight reduction to ensure proper slide function. I'm not sure I would want to mess with that. Though, I suppose something like duct tape may not cause problems.

Why do you want to 'plug the hole'?
  6. trh53

My front sight sticks out over the hole.
  7. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

Must be a long sight. TruGlo TFOs?
  8. trh53

Yes it is.
  9. I have TruGlos on my 17L, 24, and 34; no problems with the sight hangover.
  10. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

Have you considered changing sights? (If it bothers you much.)

They are plenty of fiber optic sights available.

You may like something like AmeriGlo's Spartan or Hack sights.
  11. RonS

Millennium Member

Would not want to add any weight to a Glock longslide myself. I also do not see how you could attach one without welding it in.
  12. trh53

I may change sights but I was thinking along the lines of a simple plastic plug that wouldn't add any weight. I like the truglos but I'm willing to change.
  13. Why would you change - there is no problem with them hanging over the cut.
  14. Considering all the Glock aftermarket stuff available (butt plugs, custom slide plates, custom mag bases, colored pins, ...), I am honestly shocked that no one has marketed a plug for the slide cut-out. If "Need" were the only reason to market Glock junk, 90% of the parts on the market wouldn't exist.