close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 or 27 for iwb concealed carry.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xy9142, Jan 11, 2013.

1. xy9142

xy9142
    Expand Collapse

Looking for some opinions here. Like the size of the 27....except my pinky doesn't fit. Not a fan of the mag extenders. Like the size of the 23...but is it to big??? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans
    Expand Collapse
    FYPM

Not at all. The 23 (or 19 in 9mm) are perhaps the biggest sellers of all Glocks. I carry the 23 just fine, and I am weight sensitive. It's hard to beat the 23's combination of power and capacity. If I know I'm going to be carrying for a long day, I'll take my 26. Otherwise, I'll grab the 23 first every time.

BTW, the sub-compacts are supposed to be fired with a two finger grip. Look up Hickok45's UTube.

#2 beforeobamabans, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

[​IMG]

4. Orange

Orange
    Expand Collapse

I have both the 23 and the 27. I carry the 27 all summer.... I live in deep South Texas. I love the .40 S&W in the 27. Its compact. It has very very good power level for its size. I reload so I reloaded about 1,000 rounds to get used to the change of high power 9mm +p or +p+ level. I worked slowly on control:cool:. I already had the 23 and the 27 so I did this to compare the two (9mm to .40 S&W). The .40 is a kitty cat compared to the 9mm. So many will opine that the .40 is "snappy:upeyes:", its exactly the same as a very hot 9mm. ...........I digress.

I can not give a good decision to work on as I deeply like both the 23 and the 27. Only thing is with a finger rest on the base of the mag for the 27 it is exactly the same as the 23. When it is in a holster on your hip or appendix ( I carry this way both the 23 and the 27) the back heel of the grip on the frame is what will print for concealed carry. The 27 with just a finger rest will NOT PRINT with either the hip or appendix carry method. I am 6 feet 1 inch in height and 200lbs. I can carry a Glock 21 with no problem.

I hope I have helped.

Yes, I do have a G19 and a G26, superb weapons. I use them alot but my carry caliber of choice is .40 S&W. To much "9mm has now been brought up to snuff for stopping power" blah blah blah. When the .40 runs at the exact same operating pressure a 9mm:shocked:. I applaud your choice in a 23 or a 27. Ammo for them can even be found now with all the B.S. going on. All the 9mm pundits, fan boys are sucking dry titty now.....I digress:supergrin:.

Regards
    Orange.

#4 Orange, Jan 11, 2013
  5. Orange

Orange
    Expand Collapse

Barth..... the picture is glorious!!!!!!
    Love it love it love it.

Glock all business and no B.S..

#5 Orange, Jan 11, 2013
  6. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

Get some GAP floorplates. I use them on my G26 and G27. :cool:

G27
    [​IMG]

G26
    [​IMG]

It is easy to conceal a G23 in a CBST. I did it all day and am doing right now. :cool:

7. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie
    Expand Collapse
    Regular Guy

The G27 is VERY shootable even with the pinky dangling. That being said, the 23 isn't that much more difficult to carry and 13+1 is nothing to sneeze at.

My personal setup is a G27 with extended pinky floor plates. You might not like em but once you've tried them you probably won't go back to flush bottom mags. I then carry a G23 magazine with an Ajax wraparound adapter on my offside for a 13 round reload. I can CCW this setup in the hottest conditions with the lightest of clothing.

Orange, I LOVE your anti-9mm rant. I feel this way every time I hear the fanboys praise the glorious 9 as the one and only cartridge carried by Jesus himself. I'll stick with my 40/45/10 calibers for protection of MY family thank you.

#7 Opie 1 Kenopie, Jan 11, 2013
  8. Redstate

Redstate
    Expand Collapse

The G27 obviously will conceal better and is lighter. The G23 has a longer grip that I tend to bump into door jambs. I like the grip of the G27 and the way I can support the base with my pinkie. With that said, the longer grip of the G23 is probably better for me. I used to carry my G23 in the winter, until I got my G27. The mag capacity difference does not bother me as I generally carry a spare mag anyway. They are both fine pistols. Only you can decide which is better for you.

9. thinkfast

thinkfast
    Expand Collapse

27. It is just smaller enough to make a big difference in concealment.

10. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

The most number of rounds and the largest weapon you can carry without printing.

I wore a G27 with a 13 round magazine concealed for over 10 years. With a forward cant, the grip lingth is inconsequential but the muzzle length is limiting for me.

11. bjesse60

bjesse60
    Expand Collapse

Good advice right here, my setup as well.

12. donmor53

donmor53
    Expand Collapse

I have a 23 and a 27 and for me?

I carry the 27 with a Pearce +2 extention almost daily.