Glock 23 Gen 4 Accidental Discharge??!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 00Glazz, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree , its hard to post about anything without the pissing contestants getting involved. If you disregard them, you will find many normal civil acting people here.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Now we just need an update from the OP.[/QUOTE]

:agree:

3. Yeah, that is true, but having to scroll through pages and pages of pissing contests to find the onesies and twosies of actual posts gets annoying. :tongueout:

4. Have you had a chance to get some pictures? I'm wanting to see what damage it caused to your holster.

#144 tonyparson, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Well I'm pretty sure Glocks are number 1 for AD, regardless of holster, traning, experience, ect.... Glocks seems to be the most common demominator when you hear of AD.

6. Well considering there's more Glocks out there then any other handgun, ya I'm sure there will be more report's on AD's with Glocks..

7. Just a quick search on Glock accident vs. Berretta Accident . this is what I came up with.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4vPMpDbRY"]Glock Accident - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xWOFCkTZzk"]glock accident - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0"]Cop Shoots himself in the leg - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y0homNMtjM"]1991 Chevy Beretta GTZ Barrier Crash Test - YouTube[/ame]

#147 Alter-Ego, Dec 4, 2012
  8. I said regardless....Just way too many AD/ND, could also be the quality of people who buy/play with them.:dunno:

I like my glocks, but I'm not going to CCW one in my pants with a round in the chamber, a little too close to the BOYS for that.... I do trust my Kahr close to the BOYS though, and thats what I CCW.

9. T-Rod45

T-Rod45 Loves The Glock

The number one safety is between your ears.

Glocks are one of the easiest guns for point and shoot. They go bang when you pull the trigger. No fuss, no manual safety, no steps to take before they work. That's one of the main reasons I carry them...

In every single NG/AD I've ever heard of, the trigger was pulled. Either negligently or accidentally. Last I checked any gun will go bang as intended (so long as it's ready to) when you pull the trigger.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns dont fire themselves, people fire them. Really dont think there's much more to it than that... :dunno:

10. T-Rod45

T-Rod45 Loves The Glock

:rofl:

That is some hilarious $#!T right there. But again, in each vid the trigger was pulled... which would yeild the same results with any gun, regardless of the manufacturer. But everyone already knows that.

Man the Beretta... brings back memories. :supergrin:

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

By your own admission, not too much; but that doesn't mean that we still can't be friends. ;)

12. I guess your one of those people that have not mastered
    keeping your finger out of the trigger guard when handling
    a Glock.

One of the basic rules of gun safety, don't touch the
    trigger until ready to fire.

The cop in the third video, had his finger in the trigger guard. No doubt, a ND.

13. :goodpost::agree:

14. Exactly. You're carrying the thing around all day... bouncy bouncy bouncy... and it only goes off when you set the holster on the table? Doesn't make sense, any way you look at it.

:popcorn:

#154 cowboy1964, Dec 4, 2012
  15. J_P

J_P

No update from OP yet??? Interesting Thread, this is why when I detail strip my Glock's Slides I always check the firing pin safety. Check and Double Check maybe even Triple Check if its my Daily EDC.

#155 J_P, Dec 4, 2012
  16. So. After 7 pages and more acrimony and snide comments and *****ing than this post warrents..... has anyone ever heard of an incident even remotely similar?
    The benign act of setting a holstered Glock on a table, after being lugged around all day, seemingly causes it to fire?
    It is easier to imagine a man jumping away from his own shadow.
    This is, if reported accurately, one of the most puzzling incidents I have ever heard of.
    I have no theory. Well, one, but I'll wait out the verdict

17. Expand your mind a little kid , If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck i can call it a damn sear .

:tongueout:

18. The OP also posted about this incident at another forum and I will make the same comment that I made over there. I would sideline both gun and holster until this problem is resolved. I know with the history of the Blackhawk holster many people are eager to blame it right off the bat, but Glock's are guns and guns are machines. Machines are not perfect and they can fail, believe it or not. Hopefully the OP can get an answer to his problem!

19. Hey again guys!

OK so due to the amount of questions and responses it is hard for me to respond to them all, so I apologize if I miss some of them! Also I have been at work all day so no way to post until now.

Anyways, SO took it to a SECOND Glock Armorer today, and thank goodness I did, I now have an answer,

#1- Firing pin block spring was bent, not straight like it should have been!!!

#2 The "sear" is not engaging the lug on the firing pin assembly properly!!

He says that since both of these issues are there, that It is highly likely that the pistol fired from the "half cocked" position. Obviously I am now having him ship this to GLOCK to correct this issue immediately. This is pretty ridiculous that a brand new pistol had these MAJOR defects. I am sure Glock will make it right though.

I have fired the pistol before and never had an issue with it, so IDK how this had not fired while in the holster before....I am just extremely thankful it didnt hurt myself or anyone else!!

Very thankful to a fellow poster here that told me to specifically have my armorer look at these parts closely!!

20. What forum is this? I have not posted about this anywhere else?? So maybe someone else has had this issue?!