close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 22 to 10mm auto?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by unsuperman, Jan 30, 2010.

1. unsuperman

unsuperman

Im thinking about purchasing a used gen 2 G22 for relatively cheap. but i have NO NO NO desire to own a .40s/w gun ever again. (i sold my 27 because i hated it, and i LOVE my other glocks)

so other then 9mm, and i believe 357sig, what caliber could i go to with this?

im looking to go to 10mm auto if possible, but what all would be needed? im assuming only the 357sig conversion will let me use the .40 mags?

also links to sites that sell the needed parts would be nice too..

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

First of all, 10mm ammo is too long to fit and function in a G22 magazine. Secondly, 10mm ammo is too long to fit and function in the barrel chamber. What you need is a G20 or G29 pistol.

3. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

With a proper conversion barrel you can go from 10mm. to .40 in a G20, but not .40 to 10mm. in a G22.

4. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Yea, just convert it to .30-06.....

5. unsuperman

unsuperman

so basically its 357sig or 9mm, and if i want to use the .40 mags, its only 357?

who sells a conversion barrel?

6. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

7. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

I do not know why you would like 10mm if you do not like the .40.

Do you dislike the gun or the 40 cartridge. If you dislike the gun the 20/21 size may work for you better.

8. unsuperman

unsuperman

i dont care for the shooting charateristcs of the .40s/w versus the ballistics it produces. for the felt recoil, ill take 230grs of 45acp, or a 180 grs in 10mm. i use to own a 27, and replaced it with a 26. i also have a 17, so the frame i know, is a good size for my hand. i checked lonewolf, and it seems my only conversion option in the 22 is to 9mm. im completly ok with that, but the gun comes with 3-15rd .40 mags, ill have no use for.. and i've been itching for a 357sig for a while.

9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Son, you are getting off to a really bad start. If you want .357Sig, then get a Glock G31. If you wish to add .40S&W, all you need is a factory G22 barrel. If you want to add 9mm, all you need is a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel and a few G17 magazines.

I suggest you just get a G17 and learn to shoot it well.

10. unsuperman

unsuperman

lol, why don't you read the post above yours. i HAVE a g17. i've had it for years.

im in the position to obtain a VERY cheap g22 with 3 mags. but i NO LONGER care for .40s/w. if you need upset by my posts, set me to block and don't come back to the thread?

i know its hard for you to understand that i don't know EVERYTHING about glocks such as your self, so that is why i asked.

calm down keyboard commando.

11. mackasenbach

mackasenbach

12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

With the Glock 22 you can fire:

.40, .357 Sig, 9mm, and .22.

:cool:

13. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

I didn't say it first. :whistling:

14. unsuperman

unsuperman

who sells a sig conversion barrel tho? lone wolf sells only a 9mm, and my google-fu isn't finding me anything that way... i tried the board sponsers but im not even sure who sells it..

15. unsuperman

unsuperman

oooo, i see.

so because someone with 30k posts just wants to spout off and mash random button on the keyboard, without actually reading, im suddenly the troll? :upeyes:

16. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Bar-Sto has what you want here

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=G22&cco=32

But in my opinion Bar-Sto is a little over priced. Their rifling is broach cut, but looks VERY nice compared to most other broach cut rifling I've seen. I own 2 Bar-Sto's, and I think they seem like good barrels, but I don't see any justification for them being so much more expensive than everybody else. If you buy one of their match fit barrels, it is NOT going to just drop right in without fitting work.

Then there's these guys.

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=GK2231357SB

I don't own one of their barrels, but I think I'd try them out before buying another Bar-Sto for a lot more money. Their rifling process is different, and possibly better than broach cut rifling.

I looked at KKM

http://www.kkmprecision.com

but I didn't see any .357 conversion barrels listed for the G22. Based on what I hear from guys who own them, KKM is the next brand I'd like to try, but in this case, they might not have what you are looking for. It's still worth giving them a call though. Sometimes these places can make specials (usually for the same price - you just have to wait a while for them to make it) that are not listed on the web page.

I converted my 10MM to 9x25 Dillon with nothing but a barrel swap, and I suspect you might enjoy the conversion from .40 to .357 Sig. The barrel swap should be all you need too. My G20 actually feeds a lot more reliable using the bottle necked 9x25 shells than it does using 10MM ammo. What you're doing with your G22 is basically the same conversion, but with shorter cartridges. .40 is really just a "10MM Short", and the .357 Sig is just a "9x25 Short". Your .40 mags should work just fine.

All of the barrels listed above are head and shoulders above Lone Wolf IMO. But Lone Wolf has the lowest price - that's for sure.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  17. PostalGlock'n

PostalGlock'n

You don't have to buy a .357 "Conversion" barrel. A regular .357Sig barrel of the same size will do just fine.

You could just load up some 180gr .40s to 1200fps and not worry about buying another barrel. Then, we just wouldn't get to enjoy the wonderful personalities on here, now would we?

18. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

That's a good way to have to buy a complete new gun, not just another barrel.

19. PostalGlock'n

PostalGlock'n

:tongueout: That's why I said we wouldn't get to enjoy all of these wonderful personalities then.

Listen, If you want a 10MM, get a 10MM. If you have a gun that is designed for something weaker, you can make it safely handle something stronger. Then again, the desire for more is what let some to push the envelope to Magnum, then to things like the .460S&W.

The 10MM is a great round. I wish Kahr would bring out a P45 size in the round.

20. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Ok, NOW I got it. I wasn't quite sure what you meant initially.