Glock 22 Gen 4 Slide Lock

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by wolf2223, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I recently purchased two Gen 4 22. I believe there is a problem. Both of them with the magazines OUT of the weapon slide lock. I have not fire either one yet but they should not slide lock without a empty magazine. Has anyone seen this problem. I have some dummy rounds that I picked up and going to run the slide manual and see if it is going to lock even with a loaded mag. :steamed::steamed:
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTT Glock 37 complete Slide Gun Parts & Accessories Saturday at 6:05 AM
    Gen 3 glock 19 slide milled who would you send it to???? General Glocking Friday at 3:57 PM
    WTB: Gen 3 Glock 17 slide and Barrell Wanted To Buy Tuesday at 6:06 PM
    WTS: Glock 20 lone wolf longslide complete slide with red dot+mags Gun Parts & Accessories Sep 28, 2015
    Glock 22 gen 3 slide not locking on empty mag General Glocking Sep 26, 2015

3. My Gen4 G22 slide will not lock back if a magazine is not in the gun unless I manually push the slide catch up when moving the slide rearward.

4. wolf,
    is there any chance the slide lock lever has been installes with the spring arm on top of the pin, and not under it?

5. Were these used guns from the same seller?

If you know how to details strip the frame, check the install of (and the spring) on the slide release. The lever should have some spring tension snap, lay flat against the frame, and have a small amount of fore/aft play.

If you don't know how, then do some research, watch Youtube, and learn now.
  6. The spring had way to much tension. I disassembled them and adjusted the spring and now they are golden. thx for the replies.