close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by buzzkill, Jul 23, 2012.

1. buzzkill

buzzkill

I am wondering if there are any Glock 21SF's out there with the ambi mag release that are not having problems? Is Glock still replacing the ones that are acting up?

2. longrangedog

longrangedog

They replaced mine with a new Gen 3 a couple months ago.

3. ken grant

ken grant

I have one but admit that I have not shot it much.
    It works OK.

If everyone trades theirs in maybe mine will wind up a collectors item.:rofl:

4. SgtRich

SgtRich

Even though I did not have a problem with the ambi mag release on my G21 SF that also had the Picatinny rail, I did not want to take the chance of having it fail when I needed the pistol.

Glock replaced mine with one that had the regular mag release and the Glock rail.

Can't say enough good things about Glock Customer Service!

5. gdiddy

gdiddy

I have a 21SF ambi also which has never failed. It has been a little difficult to release at times. I have considered contacting Glock but never considered it enough of a problem to be worried about. In light of all the talk on the forum about the 21 ambi failures perhaps, I should consult Glock.

6. LazyAce

LazyAce

I have had a 21sf with the ambi release and pic rail since right after they came out and I have never had any problems. Love the gun

7. SD Handgunner

SD Handgunner

I have a 21SF with the 1913 Picatinny Rail and Ambi Mag Release. I have not had a problem with it so far. I have been reluctant to send it in to have it replaced with a 21SF with the Glock Rail as I am not sure then if I would have to replace all of my holsters.

I never use the 1913 Picatinny Rail and finding holsters for it is a pain.

Larry

8. FiremanJim

FiremanJim Gold Member

No problems at all with my ambi G21,prob my favorite weapon right now.

9. glockenturm

glockenturm

I had one of the first with the ambi mag release, no problems whatsoever. A buddy of mine got one a couple of years later, and he had problems problems. Apparently they changed the design due to complaints about accidently releasing the magazine from the outside button.

We simply compared the two items, noticed that there was a slight difference beteen the old and new style extractors.

He went online, found the parts that resembled mine, ordered them for a few dollars, installed them. No more problems.

If you are having problems, order the magazine release parts and install them yourself.

I kind of wish I had that one back. I traded it off, because I wasn't shooting it much. Then shortly thereafter a practically brand new G21SF without the pic and ambi fell into my lap for a crazy price.

There are enough hands off people that I can probably get a "problem" G21SF with pic rail for cheap should I want one.

10. jhertzler

jhertzler

No problems at all with my ambi release with pic rail. I love it, and I like the looks of the rail on it. I think it has helped mine to spray a little lubricant (Rem oil) into the works to help the parts move freely. I also put a little upward pressure on the magazine before releasing. I have not considered changing the frame. I want my numbers to match, and again, I like the rail. Joe

11. Alliance50

Alliance50

no problems with mine bought when they first came out.
    just looked up round count which is 6543 rd trouble free.:wavey:

12. matteblack

matteblack

Mine works fine but I have not ran it hard. I do not carry or fire it often.

13. AK74play

AK74play

No problems of any kind with mine. Out of 18 Glocks I own, I would rank this as one of my favorites. I wish all the rest had the pic rail. If it ever does fail and I can't fix it myself, then I'll talk to Glock about a replacement. Until then I just shoot & enjoy it.

14. Dave Richardson

Dave Richardson

Buzz, thank you for starting this thread. My 21SF w/ ambi mag release (and pic. rail) has never given me any trouble when shooting, but several time when handling empty (and with no mag.) I've had the mag release stick to one side or another enough that it's made me think twice about carrying it.

Truth is since I got a 30SF last year I don't carry the 21 all that much, but....

Just the other day I uncovered the instructions for returning it to Glock and probably will.

For those that mentioned holsters for the pic rail I have been able to find holsters for mine with a little searching for loose cuts without ordering custom for the pic rail.

Thanks again.

15. buzzkill

buzzkill

No Problem Dave. The reason for this thread is I recently traded my Glock 30SF for a 21SF with the ambi mag release. And I will be sending it to Glock this week. I have to use two fingers to release the mag and once it sticks (doesn't matter what side) it is a b*tch to fee up. Other than that, the 21 is a great firearm!

Also I contacted Glock and they will replace the whole weapon, not just the frame if you request them to do so.